Chapter 42: Sherlyn

I woke up and saw it was 6pm. The sound of snoring filled my apartment making me curious. I got up and walked out to see Zach asleep on the couch. His arms open wide and his head leaned back. I sat next to him and wrapped my arms around him. Carefully, I placed my head on his shoulder and draped my legs over his lap.

Like an instinct, he wrapped his arms around me. He groaned as he leaned his head on mine. It felt good to be in his arms. I couldn't really move since he was holding me tight but something alerted me when he started breathing heavily. I got up and shook him awake. His eyes shot open and filled automatically with tears.

"Zach, breathe. Okay? Breathe," I instructed him.

He started to breathe in and out. Then a few minutes later, he was breathing normally but the tears didn't stop. I wiped away his tears with both hands as he looked at me.

"What happened Zach?" I asked him.

"An hour after you fell asleep, Logan came to check on you. We ended up talking about you and I told him how I still love you. When he left, I fell asleep and I dreamt that you dated Daniel. That you hated me and I just was freaking out," Zach explained. "You mean the world to me and I don't know what I'd do if you hated me again,"

"I wouldn't date Daniel. He's like my brother and I never hated you okay?" I comforted him. "I was mad but we got past that,"

I continued to wipe his tears away but he just kept crying. When you see someone you care about cry, it sucks. I stopped and looked at him. He was beating himself up emotionally and it was hurting him severely. It hurt to see him like this. I just wanted to kiss him to make him feel better, like how my mom would kiss my boo boo's when I got hurt. He looked at me with those heartbroken brown eyes.

"I love you Sherlyn Duquez," He sobbed. "But I want what's best for you and that will never be me,"

Before I could protest he stood up, stressfully running his hands through his hair. I teared up a little as I stood up to talk to him.

"Zach," I trembled. "You're good enough for me,"

"Listen to yourself Sherlyn!" He yelled making me flinch. "I'm not the man you deserve. I never will be,"

"Zachary Dean Herron. Listen to me," I told him. "You're the only person that noticed a lot of minor details about myself. No other guy has,"

I stepped closer to him and saw how he stepped back. Like he was a monster. Or worse, that he was gonna hurt me. He shook his head but I took a step closer.

"I love you and I will always love you Zach," I chuckled through my tears. "It's always gonna be you Zach,"

I hugged him like it was my last time ever seeing him. His arms gently pulled me closer causing him to cry more. We were both hurting over a breakup that happened awhile ago. It's always gonna be Zach.

"I love you, princess," He cried.

"I love you too sweets," I said with my voice cracking.

He pulled away and looked at me. I know he was still hurting, but so was I. My hands caressed his face and he kissed my thumb gently as he cried.

 My hands caressed his face and he kissed my thumb gently as he cried