Chapter 23: Zach

I was about to go to sleep until I get a post notification from Twitter. Sherlyn tweeted! 'I miss you and I wanna hold your hand again :(' Wait who was this about? When I looked through the replies someone took a screenshot of someone else's tweet. It was the guy she had to kiss in front of me 3 freaking times. His name is Greyson Chance. 'Only several more hours till I hold your hand again sweetheart ;)'

I already have a girl I'm talking to so I thought why not subtweet Sherlyn to make her realize it's me that she wants? 'You're right, we were a mistake. I wish I never met you' Two can play at this game. Now she'll come crawling back to me. 5 minutes after the tweet was posted, Sherlyn texted me. Here we go!

To: Me

Fr: Sherlyn

"I thought yesterday night when I invited you to my 4 mill party, we agreed that we were gonna act like adults but I guess you're not because you just had to be childish and subtweet me. Well good for fucking you. Just because I tweet about someone that isn't you, doesn't give you the right to act like the victim here. You moved on so why can't I? You set up a game that I don't wanna play Zach. You already lost me once. I gave you the chance to be my friend and who knows, we could have been together if God wanted us to be. But you think love is a game. I'm not gonna deal with you or your childish ways. I'm done with it all, Zach. My happiness isn't only with you. I'm moving on and I don't care about what you say anymore. Go and tell everyone that it's my fault. You and I both know the truth. Goodbye Zachary,"

My eyes widened.

This isn't those 'I miss you and need you' texts

This isn't those 'I miss you and need you' texts. This isn't a text showing that she's crawling back to me. I teared up in realization that I lost her. I had no chance, I had nothing! She was gone! Why did I have to act like love is a game? I put my head in my hands and stressfully pulled on my hair. She could have been mine again. We could have had a better relationship together. Why Zach? Why did you do this?! I cried. I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I cried. Enough to tire me out and put me to sleep. So when I woke up, my eyes were puffy. Jonah was the first to ask me what's wrong, then Corbyn and Daniel. Jack knew something was wrong. I could only tell them one thing.

"Check my twitter," and it got them disappointed.

"Why'd you do that bro?" Jonah asked.

I just couldn't help but cry. I was a wreck because she found somebody else. In my head, I hoped that that was just a lie. I would've said I love you one more time... in case that would change her mind. The guys saw how bad I was taking this so they hugged me. I hate myself for doing that...

"I don't think you and Sherlyn were meant to be, but that just means you're a heartbreak closer to the girl you're destined to be with," Daniel tried to look on the bright side.

"You don't wanna be the guy that tries to catch a fish that's already been caught," Corbyn pointed out.

He was right. But it was my fault because I let her go. Now she's gonna find someone that loves her unconditionally. That could've been me but look at that, I messed up. I got out of their grip and went upstairs to my room. I didn't wanna deal with the world today. I turned my phone off and laid in bed. I lost her forever.

"Dude, you can't just drown in tears forever," I hear Jonah tell me.

"It doesn't matter, it's gonna be so long till I get over her," I whined.

"Get up dude, I know you're not gonna stay in bed for the day. We have to go out to get our tuxedos for the BBMA's" Daniel demanded.

I got up lazily and changed. What of Sherlyn was there at the mall? What if I see her and just cry uncontrollably? Not like she'd care, right? We headed out to the shops and went to try on some suits. I imagined getting ready for the BBMA's. Sherlyn looking beautiful as ever... her fixing my tie or bow tie like we were married. In the end, she'll never be mine.

I heard laughing close by and saw her with her new man. Greyson. They held hands while he tried on a suit for whatever occasion they had and he twirled her around as she laughed. 

It hurt

It hurt. She was happier than she was with me. That could be me. That should be me. I looked away and fixed my bowtie. All of us looked great and I was excited for the BBMA's, we're sitting next to Sherlyn and her three guests though.

"Okay boys, you go change back and we're gonna ship these to our Vegas location. Just so you guys don't forget it," The lady helping us informed us.

We all went into individual dressing rooms and changed. My phone gave me a notification, Sherlyn retweeted a picture.

 My phone gave me a notification, Sherlyn retweeted a picture

He was holding her close. Her smile was huge. They were happy together. I didn't know he was going to the BBMA's with her. Both of their fans loved them together. A lot of her YouTube friends called them couple goals. Some of her fans said that #Greylyn is way better than #Zachlyn ever was. When I got out, I saw that they weren't in the shop anymore. I sighed as we continued our day. BBMA's in 4 days. I'm not ready for all the questions about her.

We paid and we went back to the SUV so we could go home and rehearse. Jonah and I sat in the back while Jack, Corbyn, and Daniel sat in the middle. The car ride was loud. It was Jack and Daniel making the most noise, sometimes Corbyn and Jonah. I was silent.

"I'm sorry dude," Jonah apologized.

"For what?" I asked.

"I saw Sherlyn's retweet," He sighed.

"She's happy and I can't take her away from that. All I'm thinking about is how that should be me. Holding her and making her laugh," I pitied myself.

"You know what they say, if you love something, let them go and if they come back then they're meant to be yours," Jonah quoted.

"Well, I let her go," I admit.

"Give it some time. They might not come back right away," Jonah advised me.

I nodded as I leaned back in the seat. What was wrong with me? I lost the best person for the worst reasons. Of course, I want her back but she deserves way better than me. She has that with Greyson. I don't even know if they're officially together. Although, I know he has her heart. I really wanna talk to him. Not to hurt him or what he has with her. Just to make sure his intentions are good. Once we got back home, I hopped out of the car and went inside. Time to rehearse.