Chapter 19: Zach

It was the next day 12 pm and I woke up feeling like shit. Yesterday's events ran through my head like a marathon.

~Flashback~

"Don't even try that Herron," She sternly threatened.

"Who is he Sherlyn? The guy that held you the way I used to?" I questioned.

"Why do you care? You don't need to know anything that happens in my life anymore," She points out.

"I care because I still like you a lot Sherlyn," I confessed.

"Just like how you liked me at the airport? Or was it the Grove? Oh I know, it was Disneyland. Wasn't it? I'm not sure, I'm doubting your definition of liking someone right now," She sarcastically replied.

"I don't know why you're being unreasonable right now," I chuckled.

"Are you joking?" She asked with a dry laugh. "You hurt me, you questioned the amount of feelings we had between us, you told the boys you were gonna break up with me," She reminded me as I saw the tears fill her beautiful brown eyes.

"I know-"

"If you know Zach, then why are you still trying to include yourself in my life when I don't need you anymore?" She interrupted me with a question. "Why are you trying to maneuver your way back into my life again?"

"Cause I miss you Sherlyn," I raised my voice.

"I cried so much for you and I'm not letting that happen again. Leave me alone Zach Herron. I mean it," She ended the conversation and tried to walk back in. I grabbed her wrist to stop her but she slapped me.

"What the heck?" I yelled.

"What part of "leave me alone" don't you understand?" She raised her voice at me.

"I understand it but I can't listen to you cause I know you still like me Sherlyn!" I point out.

"If you think I still like you after what you did to me, you're highly mistaken. You and I were a mistake," She claimed.

"You and I both know that's a lie," I laughed at her statement.

"Hey Sherlyn, is this guy bothering you?" The guy that she walked in with asked.

"No it's all good, I was just about to come inside," She replied.

~End of Flashback~

I could have easily just let her go and moved on. But no something in my head made me think there was something left for us. Maybe I just need to occupy myself. I packed my bag with a towel and extra clothes while I changed into swim shorts. I took an uber and went to Venice beach to go swim and get my mind off things.

About 10 feet away, I saw that they were shooting a movie or TV show. That's when I saw Sherlyn. She looked great in that black one piece.

I could kinda make out what they were saying but decided that eavesdropping wasn't really polite

I watched them as they filmed. Sherlyn came out from underwater the same time as that one dude I hated. They did some dialogue and then they ended up playing around and splashing. He suddenly grabbed her and pulled her closed. Don't get jealous. My head told me. Then they kissed! WTF!

"AND CUT! THAT WAS PERFECT BUT LET'S DO THE END OF THAT SCENE 3 MORE TIMES SO WE CAN GET SOME CLOSE UPS," Their director yelled.

"STARTING AFTER THE SPLASHING... AND ACTION," The director yelled.

I had to watch him pull her close and kiss her 3 times. What if she was telling the truth? She didn't need me in her life anymore? She's done with me. GOD THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! IF I DIDN'T QUESTION OUR RELATIONSHIP.

"Zach, what are you doing here?" I hear. It was Sherlyn.

"It's a public beach," I pointed out.

"I don't know why I even try to be nice to you when you're still salty about how things ended," She frustratedly says.

"I HAVE TO WATCH YOU KISS ANOTHER GUY IN FRONT OF ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW CRAPPY I FEEL?!" I yelled at her.

"Whatever Zach. You can lie to yourself all you want, but in reality, you never liked me," She told me.

"How can I lie about my feelings for you?" I questioned.

"You did it before so go figure it out. I need to go back and shoot," She counterpart my question.

Why is she being so difficult? I watched her run back and snuggle up with that dude. He kissed her forehead and wrapped them both in a blanket. 

Great, knowing paparazzi, they'll think that they're a new couple

"Great work everyone!" One of the guys compliments the whole cast causing everyone to cheer.

"How about a big cheer for our first-time actress Sherlyn!" Their director yelled causing them all to scream louder.

"Let's go back to the studios and dry off, then we'll have lunch ready!" One of the girls informed the cast.

They all cleared out making me relieved that I won't have to see that boy anymore yet sad that Sherlyn was leaving my sight. How does this girl still have my heart? I guess she's just special like that. I swam for a bit and took an Uber back to the house. We were gonna go watch movies tonight and I didn't wanna be late. My uber driver was bumping our song Something Different and was surprised I was one of the members. There was barely traffic so I got back to the house quicker than usual.

"Where have you been?" Daniel exclaimed.

"The beach. Why?" I wondered.

"We had rehearsals today for our performance tomorrow," Jack replied.

"That was today?" I asked.

"Yes, Zach! I don't know why you didn't remember cause I reminded you multiple times yesterday," Jonah complained.

"Look I'm sorry guys. I just needed to get my mind off things," I apologized.

"If this is about Sherlyn, then you're screwed. She's done with you and I don't think she wants you in her life at all anymore," Corbyn bluntly says.

"Why are you all ganging up on me? It's partially her fault too!" I raised my voice.

"How is it her fault? She wanted to surprise us and you fucked everything up saying you were gonna break up with her!" Jack argued.

"Whatever, I don't have time for this!" I ended the argument and went upstairs.