Chapter 6: Sherlyn

I woke up to my alarm. As I looked at my phone to see it was 6:30 am. I had 1 voicemail, 3 missed calls from Logan and 1 miss call from Zach. I sighed as I dialed Logan's number. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hey short stack!" Logan greeted me.

"Hey Logan, you called yesterday but I was really busy. What's up?" I asked him

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go somewhere yesterday but you were busy," He told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, maybe next time?" I asked feeling guilty.

"Yeah totally. I'll talk to you later," Logan agreed then hung up.

I put my phone down and groaned. Why am I so tired? I mean it's Sunday so I can sleep in. I shut my eyes until I felt someone jump on the bed. Or should I say some people? I fluttered my eyes open once again and saw the Why Don't We Boys.

"Go away I'm tired!" I complained and pulled the cover over my head.

"Come on! We're gonna go to Disneyland today!" I hear Jack say.

"Disney doesn't open till 8 so I have an hour, why don't we just leave Sherlyn alone?" I suggested.

"Come on, get up!" Daniel yelled.

"Fine," I gave up.

"Yay get ready and let's go!" Daniel cheers and kisses my cheek.

They all excitedly rushed out of my room except for Zach. I grabbed him by the hand and made him look at me. Jealousy and sadness washed over his face.

"Zach, what's wrong?" I worriedly questioned.

"Nothing, just get ready. I'll wait upstairs," He monotonously responded.

I let his hand go and he trudged up the stairs. Why was he so jealous? Was it cause Daniel kissed my cheek? I mean he can't really get mad because we're not even dating. I barely knew him. All I knew is that he could sing really good, he's in a boyband called Why Don't We, and he knows Logan Paul. I shrugged it off and hurried to get ready.

I wore a grey crop top, shorts, and a Nike windbreaker. I had my white Nike roshes on and my mini backpack ready. 

Quickly, I packed my Minnie mouse ears, extra camera batteries, box charger, phone charger, Polaroid camera, and extra film

Quickly, I packed my Minnie mouse ears, extra camera batteries, box charger, phone charger, Polaroid camera, and extra film. I know, it's a lot to carry. I started the vlog and ran upstairs. I ran directly to Zach and sat on his lap.

"You ready for Disney, Zachy?" I excitedly ask him while looking at him.

"Of course I am, princess!" He answered excitedly while securing me in his arms.

"Are the rest of you ready?" I asked while pointing my vlog camera towards them.

"YES!" They all yelled. I laughed and pointed the camera back at me.

"Today I'm gonna be joining the Why Don't We Boys to Disneyland! This was so last minute but that's okay, I'm always down for Disney!" I shouted.

"Ready to go guys?" Corbyn asked.

"Yeah let's go," Jack shouted.

We all got up and went downstairs. I was still tired so I leaned into Zach. His arm immediately wrapped around me allowing me to rest for a little bit. Once we got to the bottom floor we went to the SUV. It was Jonah riding shotgun. Corbyn, Daniel, and Jack in the middle. Then Zach and I in the back seat. Zach let me lay in his lap, just in case I fell asleep, but instead, we got to know each other.

"Where are you from?" I asked him.

"Dallas, Texas. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?" He answered then asked.

"Sing. How many siblings do you have?" I answered then asked him.

"I have a younger sister and younger brother. The same question," He asked.

"I have one older brother, one older sister, two little sisters, and two little brothers," I answered.

"Woah. You have a huge family," He shouted shocked.

"It's not all from one mom you know," I chuckled.

"Your parents are divorced?" He asked. I nodded and sighed.

"Have been since I was super young," I confessed.

"I'm sorry I asked," He guiltily apologized.

"No it's okay, I rather you know than assuming I have this picture perfect life," I say and sat up.

"Tell me about yourself. Who is Sherlyn Duquez?" He asked as we sat facing each other.

"I'm turning 16 in July. I'm the-"

"Not that stuff, who are you as a person?" He interrupted me.

"I'm a person with trust issues, I don't tell people everything about me until I feel like I can trust them. It's because I trusted people, I got hurt so much," I told him truthfully.

"When I truly care for someone, their mistakes and their past never change my feelings. When you're ready to tell me about your true self, I'll be there ready to listen. Right now, I'll still be there for the person I know today," He genuinely informed me.

"Thanks, Zach," I smiled.

He smiled and kissed my cheek. Within minutes we were parking the SUV. We all got out and I vlogged a little. Corbyn had to pee so we waited for him. I was super cold so I was cuddled up next to Zach while waiting. His hands rubbed against my legs trying to warm me up. Once he got out, the next tram just arrived for us to ride. We were the only ones here, but I think there was a lot of people at the park already.

"So we arrived! It's currently 7: 45 am which mean Disneyland is open! Zach and I decided to sit in the tram seating with the most leg space," I shouted to the vlog.

"The other guys are spread out because it was just us at tram pick up," Zach informed the vlog. 

I showed the front and back of me. Jack and Corbyn decided to go in the very back while Jonah and Daniel went in the very front.

"When we get off, I think the other guys are gonna run but I can't cause I have this little girl to babysit," Zach jokingly complained.

"Hey! I'm not that little!" I pouted.

"You're 7 inches shorter than me!" He laughed.

"Meanie," pouted and scooted to the other end of the seat, far away from him.

"Aw come here princess, I'm just kidding. Come back!" He whined as I pointed the camera at him.

"No!" I say in a little kid voice.

He scooted by me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Forgive me please," He asked with a cute pout.

"Hmmm let me think about it," I jokingly say. "Only if we can eat breakfast cause I'm hungry,"

"It's on me," He agreed.

"Okay, then I forgive you," I smiled and kissed his cheek.

We got off the tram and I hopped on Zach's back for a piggyback ride! All the boys ran to the entrance and we saw that we were the first ones here! It was only 7:50 am so we had 10 minutes to spare. Surprisingly, Jonah convinced them to let us in early since we were annual pass holders so we all went to Carnation Cafe for breakfast.