Chapter 54: Sherlyn

"So what I'm trying to say is, you're the most hardworking, caring, and talented woman I've ever met. You're always there for me and the boys even when you went through difficult times. You helped out with my family and showed me a different kinda love. All I wanna do the same for you. I wanna be more than just your best friend," Brandon spoke sincerely.

He was tearing up and it was just adorable. He smiled and wiped a freshly fallen tear. You could hear him sniffle as he got down on one knee.

"Sherlyn Marie Duquez, will you give me, Brandon Michael Lee Arreaga, the honor of being my girlfriend?" He asked me.

I gave him a smile as I put down the gifts they gave me. I felt a lot of pressure since he asked me in front of all of his fans, but I knew what I wanted. I nodded and hugged him. I mean, I felt obligated to say yes, even though that was the genuine answer. The crowd screamed for us, I guess they've been wanting us to get together.

"Can you two sing a little something?" Edwin nudged me.

Ugh. I know what he was hinting at. In the green room, we were writing a song for my album. We only got up to a solo for both Brandon and I. As queued, Zion played the guitar.

Italics = Sherlyn // non-italics = Brandon // underlined = all boys harmonizing

Damn girl, can I take you out for a little bit

Little Bit

Just to show you off

You don't even have to feel the same

You're just so beautiful

beautiful

Oh, it's gonna take a little more than that

To catch my attention

I don't wanna be shown off

Cause with you babe, I know have it all

That's all we came up with but seems like the crowd loves it. I said my goodbyes to all their fans and went backstage. When I got backstage, I drank water and grabbed my phone. I got a bomb of texts from the Why Don't We Boys.

Almost all of them saying they were happy for me. Zach was upset but I couldn't blame him. He wanted to be with me again but I just couldn't see it.

To: Me

Fr: Zach

"I thought us being friends first would win you back in the end but turns out you already found another. I can't stay your friend because I love you too much,"

I didn't bother to respond because I know him. He'll be more upset if I say something. So I left it. I watched the rest of pretty much's performance in the front row with one of the security guards. It was amazing to watch them live out their last tour before they take a break. A part of me was scared about how this would affect my friendships, but I knew that if they really cared then they'd stay.

The performance finished and I was guided back to the green room. All the boys were tired and so was I. Brandon wanted to sleep over at my place but I told him that it's a little too early for that. He understood completely and told me that he hopes that one day we'll have sleepovers. Once they were done with packing up, Brandon dropped me off and I just went up to my apartment.

"Sherlyn," I hear someone say.

I saw someone I never thought I'd see again. His name is Chase. He and I liked each other and dated but he called me a rebound.

"Chase," I breathed out.

I was shocked that he found me. We were close, like my mom met his family type of close. He was still as tall as I remembered him. It was definitely weird to see him again.

"It's been so long, how are you?" He asked me.

"I've been great. Let's talk inside instead of standing in this hallway," I told him.

He nodded and I walked to my door. We both got in and he gawked at my apartment's interior. It made me chuckle as he spun in amazement. It wasn't really much but I had help from a bunch of my DIY babes!

"How have you been?" I asked as I put my keys and gifts on the counter.

"Good, I just wanted to see you. I missed you," He replied.

Before I could say anything, a knock came at my door. I excused myself and went to open it. I see Zach.

"Why can't you love me again?" He immediately asked.

"Zach, I need to be honest with you. I don't think I can love you again after everything you put me through, and lunch at Panera was terrible. You blew up over something that I know is right by me. I hope you understand," I bluntly said.

"Oh..." he sadly trailed off.

I nodded and sighed. I felt terrible, but I had to do what was right for me. In life, you'll always hurt someone. For me, it had to be Zach.

"Just know I really care for you," Zach says sadly.

We hugged and he left. I closed the door and turned around.

"Sherlyn?" Chase called.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you ever wonder what would've happened between us if I never left you?" He asked.

I sighed and shrugged. I took a seat next to him on my couch and stressfully exhaled. Chase and I were dated and he treated me the best out of the two guys I've dated. Honestly, he was the kindest. He didn't use me for anything, he liked me for me. Until he lost feelings after a month and just dumped me through text. After that, he called me a rebound and I learned through his friends (and his drunken state) how he lied to me. I hated him a lot for that.

"No, I don't think about it cause I felt like after what happened between us I learned a lot and realized I deserve someone who will give me attention and love" I answered him. "Do you think about it?"

Chase nodded his head. "I honestly think we would've tried again,"

My phone vibrated indicating someone texted me. When I pulled out my phone, it was my manager. She asked me about the Why Don't We Boys. Suggesting that I steer clear of them to prevent backlash. Which I agreed to do. Apparently, their manager came up with the idea. I put my phone down and sat crisscrossed facing him.

"How is baseball?" I asked him.

"Pretty good. I'm one of the best-left outfielders for the University of Miami," He told me.

"Oh, I'm proud of you! What are the rest of the boys doing now?" I asked.

He sighed as he thought about it. "Joe plays baseball with me. Ryan, Noa, Peter, and Ryan are working. Jet is playing soccer."

"Oh I see I see," I said to him.

It's been a while since we did anything together. To be honest, I didn't even tell him I was leaving. He found out from his mom after the fact. Although, I didn't really feel obligated to tell him. Mainly because he wasn't my boyfriend anymore and he acted childish after our relationship.

"Sherlyn, I regret breaking up with you and I want to ask you for a second chance," Chase told me

"Chase," I started with a little chuckle. "We aren't compatible, we already tried back then. It didn't work,"

"But it's different now," He protested.

"You live in Miami, I live in LA. It won't work,"