Chapter 36: Sherlyn

The boys and I talked more while waiting for Logan, Ayla, Brendan, and my parents to come back. I could see why they used to be my best friends. They sang, had a great sense of humor, and overall are just amazing boys. Zach was more on the quiet side tonight though. I wondered why. I learned that Daniel and Jack are the jokesters, Corbyn and Jonah are the advisers, and Zach is still unknown to me.

"Hey bubba, how you feeling?" Logan asked.

"I'm good, what did you guys talk about?" I questioned.

"Well, we were talking about what happened and we don't want you to continue dating Greyson after what he did," My dad explained.

"We know he knew about you not being able to swim since it's the basic thing you always tell people," Ayla added. "So who knows what else he could do to hurt you?"

I was speechless. I never thought of Greyson to be like that in a relationship. He was always loving and supportive. This wasn't the same person right?

"Grayson Dolan or Greyson Chance?" I asked them.

"Greyson Chance," Daniel clarified.

"He would never do that to me!" I exclaimed.

"I wish that was true but he did sweetie," My mom sighed.

"I have it on my vlog that I have to upload tomorrow, here," Logan informed me and passed me his camera. "Are you okay with everything being on the vlog?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

There I watch my best friend and supposedly my boyfriend throw me in a pool. No one was around until Logan dropped the camera. There was a splash as I hear Logan yell at Zach to pass me to him. So many people were yelling, Ayla was freaking out, Jonah told everyone that he'd call 911, Daniel yelled that he got a towel, Corbyn and Jack yelled at Greyson, Alya's boyfriend was trying to calm Alya down, and then Brendan picked up his camera and said that they were gonna be back soon.

I put the camera down beside me and looked around the room. I didn't know what to say. All I could do is cry. Everyone came around me and hugged me to try to calm me down. Why would Greyson do that? Zach wiped my tears away as I sobbed. All of a sudden I hear someone open the door. We all looked up to see him. Greyson.

"Baby," He breathed out.

"You should leave," My dad said sternly.

"You guys knew she was awake?" He asked.

"Who knows what else you could do to hurt her?" Alya responded

"It was an accident," He used. "Baby, I would never hurt you intentionally,"

"Leave, before I call security," my mom threatened.

"Greyson. I guess you're my boyfriend but we need to break up," I quietly but audibly say.

"Whatever," He scoffed and walked away.

Silence cut the tension like knives. Everyone was speechless. I just wanted to sleep even though I just got out of a coma. A nurse came in and checked my vitals and told everyone that visiting hours are over.

"We'll visit tomorrow, okay?" Logan assured me.

I nodded lazily with a smile. My mom and dad said that they'd escort everyone out so they didn't get in trouble. They all kissed my forehead or give me huge hugs before leaving. All except for Zach. Before he left I grabbed his hand and looked at him. There was sorrow in his eyes. I motioned to the chair for him to sit down.

"Why were you so quiet?" I asked him.

"It doesn't matter, see you tomorrow Sherlyn," He denied.

"No, it does matter," I protested and pulled him back. "I'm not letting you leave until you tell me why you were so quiet,"

"I'm mad, okay?" Zach raised his voice a little. "I told Greyson to take care and love you with everything he has but he failed to do so," He explained.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"There was a day we had breakfast before you two started dating, and I told him some things that he needed to know about you," He replied.

"Which was?" I urged him to continue.

"I told him to take care of you for me, please. You're a queen and you need to be treated like one. Don't think you like fancy dates all the time, and that you actually love just sitting on the couch and watching movies. If you seem closed off, to give you time cause you're super fragile. That you have Separation Anxiety Disorder, so if you wake him up crying to just hold you. That you miss your family a lot and I know how it feels. If you need something from the top cabinet, to help you with it cause you're a klutz and will fall off the counter somehow. You love music a lot and will stay up until dawn to get the melody out of your head. So he shouldn't blame you if you sleep in or comes to bed late. Make sure that your planner is never hidden, I know you can't go about your day without it. And that you're really picky about which foods you eat, so if he wants you to try something, try to push you to eat it but don't force it. Oh, you love spinach and tomatoes on your pizza unless you're feeling all cheese. Chocolate ice cream might be your favorite, but you have a stash of ube ice cream to remind you of home. And finally to love you through anything. Relationships are difficult but they weren't made to be easy. That you get insecure about a lot so just reassure you that he loves you," He explained.

I couldn't speak. I could tell he and I fell in love once. To be honest, I think I love him. My dad tried to hurry him up and I told him to wait a minute. Zach looked at me and his beautiful brown eyes were puffy and red. Gently, I kissed his cheek and sent him to go home. The doctor came in and informed me that I'll be out in 2 days then left me to sleep. I went on my phone and saw the hashtag #GetBetterSoonSherlyn and #BoycottGreylyn trending on twitter. Logan tweeted out something about me using one of the hashtags.

I snuggled up as comfortable as I could and decided to call it a night

I can't wait to get out...