Chapter 37 Part 3 - Rules

The story one of the students told went something like this. Qi Guiguan, the famous doctor-student, had a secret lover, Addor. She'd disappeared a long time ago but he'd just found out that Addor had been trapped and had been being torchured for years by a girl who was jealous of her. The girl, who was actually Ma Guiying, was supposedly so in love with Qi Guiguan that she kept his lover locked away in hopes that he would look at her.

But when Qi Guiguan found out what was actually happening he valiantly went to save her while the girl, Ma Guiying, was away. Qi Guiguan had almost made it out of her secret hide-out where she'd kept Addor locked away when she came back! The couple ran but, because of Qi Guiguan's lover's injuries she tripped and fell! Qi Guiguan than took the brunt of the attack from the furious witch.

Fan Rei was listening with the rest of the students to this boy's tale. It seems he'd heard 'all about it' from his upperclassman. Though Addor, who was being taught the rules, didn't even know people were talking about her.

"Students are allowed to go outside only after having been given permission by a Teacher," The lazy boy began explaining, "you've already done that. And, I'm sure you know, that portals to the outside only open every-so-often in places that aren't open to everyone but instead only those with qualifications. For example, the teachers will always know and intermediates, like me, who are responsible for the student's well-being outside of school.

"Though I won't stop you from being killed... Just giving out sensitive information or trying to slip through to an upper level. And tracking you all, of course. And don't try to slip past me because I can split my consciousness fa~r and wi~de..." He droned on sluggishly. So even though he seemed to be talking about something awesome and powerful his dull expression would make one think that he was only being forced to do something he didn't want to do and therefore he held no energy for this situation.

Addor didn't seem to mind his lethargic attitude and nodded as he finished explaining up to this point.

He pointed to the card-like transparent stone in her hand, "This is your identification. It's the only way you are getting back into the school. Don't loose it." Those few sentences were the only things he would ever say that Addor would ever hear him speak about seriously.