Chapter 2 Part 3 - Inability to Respond

"General!"

He didn't bother hiding his intensely worried expression as he glanced over for any signs of life. Watching her chest rise and fall his shoulders drooped in relief. He carefully held up her shoulders, not daring move her too much. As he moved her, her hair slipped out of the way and her flushed face was revealed. Even being a top general, with no lack of beauties, he found the scene breathtaking.

The General cleared his throat, focusing on the task at hand, "Whoever hurt you, are they still near?"

Addor didn't have an answer, she didn't know.

He watched her expression for a moment before noticing the slight movement of her shoulders. Though most would have connected it to her heavy breathing his keen eyesight, honed by his many battles, was able to see this and knew she did not know. He glanced once more at the pool of blood behind him then to the girl's torso. How was there no blood trail with so much blood? "You need urgent medical care, I'm going to pick you up, okay?" Seeing that she didn't seem to have any qualms with it, he slid his other arm under her knees and lifted her up. He turned to his men to give orders, "Orange, go ahead and call back a doctor! Yellow, search for the perpetrator! Red, follow me back to town! Divert any dangers that come our way!" As a final warning, he yelled, "The ones who did this might still be near! Kill on sight! Don't lower your guard! The fight isn't over 'till you're in the arms of your lover!"

With a roar, the three squadrons all turned to do their specific duties. Some of them fell from their horses and, like shadows, slipped into the forest on either side of the dirt road. Others whipped the reins and hurried towards town. The remaining team each accepted a horse from the first team to trail along their own and watched their leader, ready to jump from their steed or pull free their weapons at any moment to protect him and the small girl in his arms.

The Deceased God's Spirit World Missजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें