Chapter 16 Part 2 - Something Odd

There was something odd about the colors... "Not poisonous?" Addor looked up at Chow Su, who was watching her. She'd been told by Addor countless times about his high-end, poisonous snake. A match that could only stand by the Malayan Krait she'd just turned away.

"No, it's a coral snake so it's poisonous but not as much as the Malayan Krait you were going to get." He shrugged helplessly.

"He's being modest!" Interjected Abel, "the coral snake might not kill someone right away but it could bite and safely retreat without even being noticed. He could run away and be hours away before the poison hits him! It can cause paralysis, which makes it in the top leagues with just that already! And their coloring of red and black are so pretty that..."

Addor looked back at the finger. The colors were mostly black with a wide red streak in the center. Around the edge, barely visible, was a hint of a cream color. Maybe the rhyme, "red and yellow kill a fellow, but red and black is a friend of Jack' didn't apply to their world.

A friend of her's on Earth, one who had a dog that died protecting her, was obsessed with animals. When Addor had told her that poison can be found in pretty and bright things, her friend taught her the rhyme. It was about snakes, but maybe it didn't apply to all kinds of snakes? Addor was confused. If it wasn't poisonous than maybe that would explain why she wasn't afraid of him.

Fan Ling, who'd taken back his spot next to Chow Su against the back wall watched the interaction with narrowed eyes.