Chapter 2 Part 2 - Red Light, Red Face

Addor furrowed her brow. The boy's hand seemed solid... "Touch?" She pointed to his hand. Her defenses had faltered slightly. Though she couldn't feel the pain she could feel the toll the wound had on her body. She was slow, her muscles not reacting as quickly as they should be and her face was wet from sweat.

"No," The boy shook his head and paused just before her, "I won't touch, I'll just... hover, okay?" Slowly, he moved one hand down and reached around her blade. When he was a few inches from her stomach a red light glowed from his palm and a warmth spread through Addor.

It was warm but made her realize how cold she had been and made her shiver as the tingly sensation spread. The heat flushed her face and soon, her overworking body made her feel fatigued. Her breathing came quicker and quicker. The warmth of her body soon turned to burning heat and she dropped to the ground. She didn't realize when her defenses had all been torn down enough to allow her to be so vulnerable.

Her beautiful brown eyes watered and her cheeks turned red. Her long dark hair, the bottoms of which were still wet from blood, fell into her face as she fell, obscuring her view. Her chest, though small, was heaving in a devastatingly sensual way. Her entire being was red and panting as if she'd just gone through vigorous exercise. Her unusual charm intensified and could likely entice any man within miles.

She couldn't move her body and suddenly she grew weary of the boy and regretted her decision. She cursed in her mind, unable to do much else.

The boy began to grow anxious as he began glancing over his shoulder towards the curve in the road. "Hurry... Please hurry!" He tapped his foot impatiently. When a clomping sound made its way into earshot the boy shot up and ran off into the woods, shifting through several plants on the way.

A few moments later men on horses came into view around the bend. The leader pulled on the reigns at the first sight of the red pool of blood in the middle of the road and motioned for his men to do the same. Glancing around, his eyes finally fixed on a beautiful girl lying on the side of the road, covered in blood. He quickly jumped off his horse and hurried over to her side.

Several of his men followed behind him, "General!"