Chapter 14 - Killer Plans

On the top floor of a high-class mansion, a powerful man in both talent and status sat behind his desk. A black flash fell in through the window, landing behind the older gentleman. It stood without making a sound and approached the sitting man. The man's hand was moving quickly across a paper, the shadow moved unnoticed behind him. The scribbling of his words the only sound in the room.

"She's alive." The older man, without pausing the pen in his hand spoke to the shadow behind him.

"I killed her myself, Sir. She didn't last ten seconds." The black streak said. It was a woman's voice, distinct and clear.

"She played you."

The shadow paused, "It won't happen again."

"I'm sure."

"When should I plan for the next strike, Sir?"

"You don't. You're no longer any use to me." His pen came to a stop at the bottom of the page.

"No... Please!" The shadow stepped into the light to reveal a girl in her mid to late teens. Her appearance seemed younger than her age though, as her skills could attest to. She wore black, but her unusual bright golden hair peeked out from under the hood. She stepped forward on the brink of tears. "We can't go back! I'll do it properly this time! I'll... I'll... tear her to pieces just please don't make us go back!" She clung to the man's robes, falling to her knees.

The man narrowed his thick eyes. "Are you willing to give you life?"

The woman's gold eyes turned to his, wide. She almost didn't believe herself even as she spoke, "Yes."

He put down his pen and grabbed her arms, gently lifting her to her feet. He wiped away the tear trails on her face, "I want you to make 'friends' with her."

The girl tensed.

"Only return to me once you've finished the job. We can't let her trace you."

"You want me to get rid of her silently, from the inside." She realized.

He nodded, his hard face finally breaking. A slight grin appeared on his thin lips, "You'll have to get within striking distance."

The girl shivered.

"What, not willing?"

"I will! But... Sir... She's already escaped death once..."

He stood up and pushed her away roughly, "I don't care how you do it!" He yelled, "Get it done! No matter how many times it needs to be done!"

She scrambled to her feet, a strange bird-like sound escaping the back of her throat. She scurried out on all fours through the window in which she'd entered and escaped into the bright day sun.