Chapter 15 Part 3 - Random Result

"You are such an idiot! You don't even know what you are going to get! It's entirely random! You could have had one of the best..."

Addor ignored him, as usual, and instead listened to the teacher's instructions. "Since you've turned fifteen, there is a spirit already connected to you. On your finger, search for an energy that shouldn't be there." The teacher glanced at Fan Ling and lowered his head in apology. He wasn't able to force someone to accept a contractual spirit. He might just have to wait a year before cutting the connection and forming a contract with the snake later.

Addor closed her eyes.

"The contract is already mostly made, all you have to do is accept it. Imagine a string coming from the ring of energy into the void. Then, with your mind, pull back on the string with all your might."

Fan Ling was watching his granddaughter carefully. He was the only one in the room who'd seen what a simple spiritual energy manifestation could do to her. He'd seemed to have forgotten about the earlier embarrassment as he watched her face carefully.

Addor was focused on finding an energy around one of her fingers. She carefully followed the spirit veins she'd previously set to the ten points in her hands. Subconsciously, she lifted her hands out in front of her as she felt for it. After carefully passing her consciousness through each finger on her left hand she finally found a loose, red energy around her middle finger on her right hand.

A trail, looking a lot like the string she'd pulled into her hand unclog her meridian points before, fell through her fingers and stretched out into the darkness. It disappeared into the dark depths.

Addor wasn't sure how to 'pull'. After a second she figured she could 'will' it, as she had done with her spirit power before. Taking a deep breath, she gently lifted the red string. She held her breath as she gently tugged on it until she felt resistance. After a pause, she lifted her head to the sky and exhaled. With her movement, came a white ball rolling from the other end of the string towards her at the pace of a rocket blasting into space.

She tensed, unsure of what to do, and held out her arms to catch it. Her body jolted from the impact and she opened her eyes. She landed on her butt on the floor. In her arms was a light tan ball of fur. After coming through the void and into its master's embrace the ball relaxed.

Addor stared at the animal, not ready to believe it was real. The room all leaned forward to try and see what it was when she screamed. It was a short, surprised burst. Addor suddenly disappeared under the watchful gaze of the room. Moments later they turned their heads to the sound of her voice, which was coming from the corner of the room.

"Chow Su!"

He blinked as she appeared suddenly in front of him. As he focused in on her face his breath was taken away by her expression.

The distant and tired look had disappeared without a trace. In its place was the red face of an excited little girl. Her blue eyes were glittering. Her eyes staring into his for that brief second sent a shock through him, up and down his entire being.

"It's a puppy!" Addor looked at the lump in her arms with a warm and tender expression. When she didn't get a response she lifted her arms to let him get a better look, "Look! Look, Chow Su! Look! I got a puppy!" The animal was small, maybe only a few days old. Its eyes were still closed and it was whining softly, wriggling around in the crook of her arm.