Chapter 22 Part 3 - Frozen Guards

Addor hadn't known that this was a place that had been guarded. She hadn't even seen the guards until she'd passed them. How would she know that this place was guarded? Her classroom wasn't so there was no reason to believe that this place would be, but she didn't yet know the identities of those who laid inside.

She glanced at her pup, which had stopped halfway down the next hallway and was coming back, unharmed when it noticed its master was no longer following it. Breathing a sigh of relief, she pulled herself to her feet.

Slowly, she sat up. Her back was still bursting with pain down every avenue of flesh each time she moved, but she moved anyway. She forced her own shaking legs under her. Her teeth chattered against the pain.

Honestly, Addor hated this. She could deal with this much pain, no problem. Yet her own body wasn't willing to listen and obey her commands as she wished it would. It was... mortifying.

After a moment, she'd finally stood and turned to face the guards through the red lasers. Anyone could see her pale, sweat covered face was fighting against the pain. Her shoulders and back shivered and shook in pain and her jaw was clenched.

The guards could see that she was fighting against every drop of blood inside her just to stand, yet they weren't able to stop her. This was a sight they couldn't tear their eyes from. Unconsciously, they wanted to see how far she would go and consciously they were amazed. They were frozen, unable to move. Half of them wanted to but the rest of them wasn't able to- it was as if they were in the presence of a god- half mortified and half frozen in awe.

They wanted to see what would happen next.