Chapter 28 Part 2 - You are the Main Character of Your Own Story

Jia Cai Zi tenderly stroked her head. Ma Guiying had refused to leave the room that her brother was in, but understood that an injured person came first no matter what. Especially after she'd seen Addor take a fall like that.

The only one to see the motherly-scene was Huan Huan, who was standing at the opposite end of the room behind the bed that had been pulled away from the wall. Watching the tender scene, his hands slightly loosened.

Addor took advantage of the opening and twisted her good arm around his wrist and tugged her hand out of his grasp. She kindly decided not to break it, though. Than she quickly twisted one of his fingers to stop him from grabbing her again while she extended her leg and kicked Zu Fu Qiang in the groin. She'd been waiting to do that for a few minutes now.

Xu Fu Qiang knelt over and Huan Huan quickly retreated and held his finger in his good hand, leaving Addor free. Jia Cai Zi jolted when she saw what happened. She didn't move since she was holding up Ma Guiying but she wanted more than anything to run to his side. Ma Guiying noticed the change in her and looked over her shoulder. She didn't see anything until she wiped away her tears but paused when she had.

She wasn't drawn to the compliant Addor, which was as rare as a magical beast cuddling up to a human, but the serious expression on her brother's face. It struck her that she'd never seen such a serious expression on his face before. She thought about it a second and realized that she'd really only seen him looking lonely. Beautiful, maybe even smiling, but she'd always held a deep sadness in his gaze.

Ma Guiying pulled away from Jia Cai Zi and slowly walked around the bed to get a better look at his face. Jia Cai Zi rushed to Xu Fu Qiang's side and Huan Huan watched their interaction, still holding his finger.

It seemed that everyone was being the main character of their story right now. As they say, 'to each their own.'