Jakob x Reader

I'm sick so I get to write all day today. Yay me. But I feel like crap. Request from NdragonEyes and if I wanted to I could slap on the tag for the contest and go with this one shot. I could do a one shot after the requests for each male retainer (maybe even female) and slap on the LiveToServe hashtag. But for now I'm not. I never really liked Jakob. He's a prick to everyone except Azura and Corrin. Yes he's not a prick to Azura for some reason. Perhaps he KNOWS!? LE GASP!!! But yeah, he's only nice to two people and that's them. But I Ship Jakob with flora because IceTribeShipping. (I named it myself.)

Child AU

Jakob wasn't the best servant. He couldn't do anything right except the most basic of tasks. He tripped on his own feet and he struggled to lift heavy things with his small and malnourished frame. 

Being abandoned wasn't the best thing. But now he was a servant of the Nohrian Fortress. But he feared that wouldn't last long and he'd Be thrown onto the streets. Others hated him for his underachievement and lack of Improvement.

Today was that day. The servants were already packing his belongings in a small suitcase and Jakob watched them do this with tears hidden in his eyes. That's when he felt a small hand on his shoulder.

"Jakob, what are they doing to your things?"

The Princess he's sworn to protect was standing right behind him cutely. She had a puzzled face and bright eyes. That princess was you, dearest reader. You're standing right there with Jakob, watching the other servants father his things to kick him out of the castle.

"Oh! Lady (your name). I... theyre...."

Tears filled your eyes as realization hit you.

"They aren't making you leave are they? I need you! You're one of my only friends!"

You hugged Jakob from behind. You, the five year old princess, were hugging the seven year old servant wh could hardly be called a servant. One of the other servants looked up from their task to see the flustered Butler they despised with the princess's herself latched onto him. She scoffed at him.

You held tighter onto Jakob. Other servants looked at the scene and Jakob and a large widespread blush on his face. You called out again:

"Don't leave me!"

The hearts of ice that we're the other castle staff melted. Most anyways. They slowly began putting his stuff back. Jakob noticed your arms wraping around his wasit And he placed his hands over them.

"I'm not going anywhere Milady."

Jakob's face was still burning hot. He pried you off of him and turned around, taking your hands in his. He bent down on one knee before your five year old self. He took your hand and kissed your knuckles.

"I have the honor to be your obedient servant. And on this day I swear to be a But,er worthy of working st your side. I swear an oath on this day."

You smiled and pulled him up, keepign gour fingers entwined with his. 

"Then come on! Let's go explore the castle again! I'm sure the secret room has an opening!"

Jakob chuckled to himself. The childish nonsense and wishful thinking that there was a secret chamber in this Castle was something only you believed. It was adorable, but you did need a way to entertain yourself.

Adulthood

After the war and you sided with Nohr you decided to come back to the only home you've known, castle Krakenburg. You forced your husband and two kids along. Kana was cheerful just like the childish you and Dwyer was slothful but hardworking. Jakob was your beloved husband.

Jakob looked at you dearly as your eyes lit up with memories. Dwyer went to go find a comfortable place to nap and Kana went exploring. Kana brought his girlfriend Sophie over with them and she left Avel with her parents. Sophie went exploring with Kana leaving you two alone.

"Remember when we saw this every day?"

You nuzzled Into Jakob's shoulder with a happy humm. He still got flustered at the smallest things. He sighed and nodded.

"And you kept dragging me around looking for a secret room? How could I forget."

He wraped an arm around you and you pecked his cheek.

"What if Kana and Sophie go looking for it and find it?"

Jakob facepalmed with his free hand.

"You still think it exists?"

"Of course!"

You puffed out stubbornly and Jakob sighed. That's when Kana ran back in with Sophie hands entwined. 

"Mamma! Papa! We found a secret room!"

Sophie nodded enthusiastically.

"There's a trap door!"

You look over at your husband who was in shock. When his eyes met yours you stuck out your tongue like a child. You then followed Sophie and Kana to the trap door leading to the secret room.

How's that? Like it?

~Eva