Kaden x Reader

You walked around the Astral Plane. The war was extremely stressful on you. Siding against your beloved Nohrian siblings had to be the hardest decision in your life. But you were reunited with your true family so it would be all worth it.

You found a nice secluded area in the Astral Plane with a large oak tree. You decided to sit there for a small moment of rest. Under the tree was a lovely shade bringing a wonderful and long lost sense of relaxation to your tense muscles.

You look up at the leaves and watch them slowly rustle with the calming breeze and accasionally fall off. It was serene and peaceful here. You let your eyes close for a slight nap. You believed  you deserved a slight moment of calm in the storm of a war. In the eye of a hurricane there is quiet after all. You drifted into a peaceful sleep.

A sly little fox was happily skipping to his favorite spot to nap. Her was surprised when he saw the commander of the army resting right there. She looked so content, it made Kaden smile to himself. 

The tip of his tail flickered when he got an idea. He sat next to the warrior at his side and wraped hims arm around her, letting her lean into him. He curled his tail around her protectively. SHe smiled and hummed in her sleep. How cute! She actually nuzzled into him  ore at this and her hand slowly hovered towards his tail.

Kaden watched her happily. He didn't feel like sleeping now. He wanted to watch her. All the sleepiness left him as he watched the general sleep cozily all snuggled up to him and everything. So adorable!

Kaden was watching you for what felt like five minutes, but in reality was an hour and a half. He saw your eyes begin to flutter open and he wore the cheesiest grin. His ears perked up and the top of his tail flickered again.

"Good morning!"

Kaden chirped as you stirred back into reality. You had a wonderful dream that the war was over and you somehow became the goddess of clouds. You were resting on a pillow made entirely of the condensed water with Pegasi flying around everywhere. When you woke up, refreshed, in the dream you woke up in reality.

"Nnng.....Huh?"

Your eyes slowly focused on the Kitsune beaming at you. Your hands were resting on him and you apparently were leaning on him. Since when did he get there?! You flushed scarlet and sat upright, retracting your hands to your chest. You couldn't stand up because his legs were wrapped around you like a hug or an embrace.

"K-Kaden! I..uh...I'm so sorry I wasn't in my right mind! I'm-"

"Shhh. Relax."

He had a smug smirk on his face as he leaned against the grand oak tree, another breeze blwoing through the branches. He used his hands to pull you close to him and in his lap. His ears twitched and his tail flickered at the action. Your heart accelerated.

"You deserve a break."

You look over your shoulder at the Kitsune. He had a light pink dusting his cheeks. His tail made it's way to you and you slowly reached out for it. Kaden encouraged you to do so. You felt his soft fur and it wasn't luxurious. You smiled.

"So soft...."

You mumbled to yourself. Much to your dismay, the sky fox heard your remark on his fur.

"I know, right? My ears are the same!"

He bent his head down a little. You were reluctant to stroke them but Kaden looked like he wanted you to. You reach your hands and pet his felefty soft ears. He was so soft! You gasped a tear the feeling. 

Kaden was beaming. He felt so pampered to receive this attention from the leader of the Hoshidan army! It was like he had the princess all to himself for a moment. He felt lucky, extremely lucky for his own good. 

In the distance Sakura was dragging her older brother Takumi and her big sister Hinoka to see the sight she saw. They both froze when they saw the two snuggling and enjoying the attention of one another. Hinoka smiled and placed her hands on her hips.

"Well I'll be beat."

Takumi just stared with a raised eyebrow and a smile he failed to surpress. Sakura was beaming and mumbling to herself how cute the whole thing was. Their big (Hinoka's little) sister was finally getting a break.

Not as long, I know. I do tend to make short one Shots at maybe five hundred or less sometimes, just a warning. Also, I'm not The only one who intensely Ships Veronica and Xander, right? 

 Also, I'm not The only one who intensely Ships Veronica and Xander, right? 

At least I hope I'm not....

~Eva