"I must say, I had no idea the conversation was going to have such a surprising turn. Truthfully, it is an amazing opportunity and I am willing to try. Although, if you don't mind me asking, in which ways would I have to prove myself? I was also wondering why you asked me, not that I mind," I tell them.

"To be honest, you were the first person I had in mind. Ever since you came here, you've shown us loyalty, honesty and that you want to work hard. You can work alone and in a group which is very important for an Auror but even more important if you want to be Head Auror. Of course, there are a few things that you could work on but you're still young and I would be willing to help you with those things. But the most important thing is that I trust you and I would rather see someone like you that I trust with the title Head Auror than someone I trust less."

"Thank you Sir, I truly feel honoured," I smile and thank him.

"As for my position, we're already looking for someone but in the end, it is up to you as you will likely have to work with him or her for a long while," Williamson informs me and I nod.

"We will let you think about it and we ask you to send a note back before your holiday starts at the end of the week. Thank you for your time and enjoy your lunch break," Robards smiles, which is rather rare but which I have also seen quite a few times within the conversation.

"Thank you for the opportunity and I will think about it," I reply with a smile and then leave.

*

Of course, I didn't really need the week to think about it as I had already made up my mind while walking back to my office that day but it's Thursday now and I've just sent Robards the note that I want to take the opportunity and that I am ready to prove myself.

At the end of the day, we all say goodbye to Williamson and thank him for the help. When I got the chance to speak to him, I wished him luck and he told me the same. He also told me that he had faith in me and couldn't wait for the announcement from the Ministry when the time comes.

*

After one last hard day at work, it's finally holiday. It's been hard work since Al's birth. Ginny and I both haven't had a lot of sleep and then with work above the sleepless nights was quite hard. We hope to get some more sleep in the holidays.

When I walk into the manor, I get greeted by James. He runs at me, with blue and red hands, and holds up his arms to be picked up.

I laugh at him and try to pick him up without getting my own clothes messy.

"Have you been painting?" I ask him and he nods.

"I make biiiiig painting!" James exclaims and holds out his arms.

"I don't doubt that," I smile and help him wash his hands.

"James Sirius Potter," Ginny appears in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

"Oops," James wriggles loose and starts running, as fast as his little legs can carry him.

"What did he do?" I ask my wife.

"Why don't you come and see for yourself," Ginny smiles and I follow her as she starts walking.