Remembering

EEEEP! It's been so long since I updated!! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I am now!! :):):):)

Enjoy!

:D

Chapter 26- Remembering

            Kaylen’s eye lit up with satisfaction. She smiled at me as we walked inside the store’s clear double doors. I continued to see that amazing eternity within her, something that was so close and intimate that it was hard to ignore. Just as I was about to repeat my question, an unbreakable wall was suddenly crammed between us. It was as though she suddenly realized I was seeing her thoughts, and she quickly and swiftly jerked them out of my reach. Kaylen looked away and shook her head, smiling underneath her sadness.

            “I hardly know you.”

            I was about to say that the fact mattered very little, but then I realized that she was a tad younger than me, and that it probably did matter to her. “Well… what if I told you a bit about me first?”

            “I…” Kaylen hesitated, stepping up to the counter and grabbing her working apron. I had almost forgotten that she was on the job now. Regardless, I followed her as she walked across the store to clock in. After I realized that she wasn’t going to answer my question, I sighed.

            “Great! Well, what would you like to know?” I said cheerfully, sauntering around the counter and giving her a set of batting eyelashes. Kaylen giggled then, heading over to the opposite side of the counter. A customer was buying something, and Kaylen nodded towards another rack in the store, suggesting that I move about for a while. I did that much, at least, hating it, but wanting to please this girl that I knew nothing about. Funny how our paths had crossed… and how our views were so different.

            After the line at the counter was cleared, she motioned for me to come back over. “Fine,” she said, looking about conspicuously, “Tell me a bit about yourself.”

            “I’m glad you asked,” I said sarcastically, making her smile. “Well, I used to live here, and then I moved away. It was only because of some weird TV commercial that my mom signed me up for. And then… I guess stardom took hold. I learned a lot more about acting, and I really got into romance movies. And then… I auditioned for the Twilight series… never dreaming that it would hit so big. You know how it was…”

            “Not really,” she interrupted. “I’ve never seen that movie.”

            “Well…” I looked at her, a bit flustered. “It was a fun movie to make. You should watch it sometime. Have you read the book?”

            “Yeah, I really enjoyed it…” she said, hanging her head suddenly. The wall was back, though I had no clue why. “I just couldn’t bring myself to see the movie…” a new and even more distant look came over Kaylen’s figure; I figured it was nothing to be concerned about.

            “Yeah. So anyway, the movie went crazy popular, and so that’s the main reason why I’m so popular, I guess…”

            Kaylen looked at me up and down, and I could pretty much guess what she was thinking. I smiled at her, trying to avert her attention back to my face. Sometimes, the whole ‘good looks’ thing really was a pain. And of course there came another girl, practically screaming for me to sign an autograph. I sighed and fumbled around for a pen. I came up short.

            Kaylen reached behind her counter and handed me an ink pen. Our fingers slightly touched, and an instant tingling feeling went through me. It was something almost tangible, the feeling, the emotion. And the familiarity hit me too, like a giant ocean wave. Our eyes met once again, and I had to look away fairly quickly, as to not gain attention from the girl waiting on me.