My Story **With Bonus SNEEK PEEK**

**BONUS: Sneek Peek~ :)

ENJOY!!

Chapter 17- My Story

            I sat in the back of the car, if only to hide my tears. The tears that should never be shed were falling, falling now so much that it was hard to ignore. I was trying to be content: after all, I was going over to a friend's house, and it was my birthday. But... Taylor's absence explained everything for me. I had no need of being happy. I had no need of living, moving on, or being me. My existence was for my mom, and the select few (like Olivia) that would actually care if I died.

            Taylor wouldn't be included in that, or course. But that was a whole other matter to consider.

            The drive to Olivia's was quiet and short. My mom knew nothing of my soon-to-be depression, and I was okay with that. For now. But, I feared that she'd be more upset if I held everything in. My mom had been through her own battles during high school. Granted, she was a bit older than me when she had the troubles. That was what scared me- I was only fifteen, and starting high school this coming year. Who knew what the future would hold for me?

            Point being this: My mom had been through a few bad breakups, and she knew how important it was to keep things like that out in the open. 'Bottling everything up won't solve anything,' she'd told me a thousand times before.

            But why shouldn't I keep it to myself? Why can't I do what I want? I mean, at least I was planning on telling Olivia today. That counted for something, right? Sure it did.

            We pulled into the driveway and both Olivia and her cousin darted out the door. She was cheery, as she simply was that type of person. It seemed like Casey was too. Oh, boy. I wasn't in a cheery mood today. I wiped my tears roughly and stepped out of the car, a fake smile on my face for my mom's sake.

            My mom saw my 'happiness', and finally pulled out of the driveway with her own little smirk in place. I hoped she'd stay that way, and that it wasn't just a front for my friends.

            Olivia laughed. "You really don't look so well. Let's get some Kool-aid and popcorn and we can talk."

            After grabbing three glasses of the nice fruit punch and a huge bowl of popcorn (extra buttery), not to mention the small talk with Olivia's mom, we crashed on the bed in Olivia's bedroom. I was a little uncomfortable with Casey there, only because she hadn't spoken much. Shy people generally became more critical of me. I never understood that, but I let it go.

            "You know Taylor, right?" I began, frowning.

            Casey immediately piped in. "I even know the guy. He's a huge topic of conversation with girls at my old school."

            "Why is that?" Olivia asked.

            "Cause... He used to go there... before he moved. No one can seem to get over him. I think he's a jerk."

            "Wait till you hear this story." I said cynically. "I love him." I paused, aiming to be poetic and failing. I had no clue to convey the feeling other than that. But I was doing the best I could. "We'd been dating for the past few months... but I've known him pretty much all my life. It's just like the movies: you know, friends for life, and then one day: BOOM! The feelings come out. It was pretty great at first.

"One day, I came home from school and he told me he was auditioning for a commercial. I thought nothing of it, except for the worrying about not seeing him during the practice. Now that I think about it, that aspect of it was really shallow of me.