Chapter 53: An Old Home: Part 2

Ryuga's POV

We were sitting on the couch and a movie was playing, Madeline looked tired, she had a long day, it had only been two months since she was beaten. She snuggled against me and was trying to stay awake. 

"If you want to fall asleep you can if you want," I whispered to her. 

"I-I just don't want to be rude." 

"I know you don't, but I know you are still weak, so if you need to sleep, then sleep." She nodded, closed her eyes, and fell asleep.

 My mother came up to me, "I was hoping that when she escaped she would find you." "Yes, Madeline has been through a lot since we have been together." 

She nodded, "She looks tired." 

"She is, Mason almost killed her two months ago, she is still recovering." 

"That is terrible." 

"Yes, it's is." 

"How did she escape?" 

"I rescued her, I was also weak when I got there, I almost died too, I traded my bey holder for her. If needed I would have given a lot more." 

"I can't believe that you are alive, and engaged! I-I just!" She had tears in her eyes. This must be a lot for her. She hasn't seen me since my kidnapping, and I stopped being able to contact her. 

I smiled, "Yes, I love her very much." 

"I'm sure you do. Why don't you put her to bed, the spare is down the hall to the left." 

"Alright." I picked Madeline up and carried her to the spare room, laid her down on the bed, and tucked her in. "Goodnight, I hope you sleep well." I said and gave her a kiss on her head. 

"G-goodnight Ryuga..." She said tiredly, I smiled. 

"Sleep well."

"Well you don't know how happy i am to see you, and know that you are alive, and that you are going to get married." 

"I am happy to see you too, thank you Mother, I have missed all of you. Ryuto told me that father won't be back for another six months, why is that?" 

"He went on a treasure hunt, and he told us that he will be back in six months." 

"Well next time you talk to him, or see him, tell him that I said hello, please," I asked my mother.

She smiled, "I will, he will be happy to know you are alive." I nodded,

 "Well, I need some sleep. Goodnight." I said and kissed my mother goodnight. 

"Good night, sleep well."

I walked to my old room, it hadn't changed at all, all the memories from my childhood came rushing back at me, a smiled and layed on my old bed. I did not fall asleep, it was hard, seeing everything from my old posters to my old desk, I thought about how Madeline would come to my house to play every morning. 

About two hours later, I heard a knock on the door, as expected it was Madeline, she was having nightmares again, and was scared. "It's ok, I'm here." I cooed, she hugged me. 

"I'm sorry." 

"Madeline, it's ok, I want you to come to me when ever you are afraid, even if I am sleeping, I don't mind at all, and I care about you," I told her, and kissed her lips lightly. 

"But I hate to interrupt your sleep, I know you care about me, and I thank you so much for that, but I care about you, and you need sleep." 

"Madeline, you are my fiancee, you are terrified, and I am not going to just let you be that way, you are my 100 percent, and I love you." I hugged her tighter, and I felt her tears fall onto me. 

"Thank you, I love you too" She was quite a moment, "why Ryuga? Why do I have these nightmares?" 

"I don't know... but I am here for you whenever you need me." I wiped the tears off of her face and kissed her head, 

"thank you..." 

"now go to sleep, you need it, and I will keep you here in my arms so you won't be scared." 

"Ryuga, you are the best." She kissed me on my cheek. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to go down stairs?" 

"Yes." 

"Ok..." She yawned. 

"I love you Madeline." I said giving her another kiss, she wrapped her arms around me, 

"I love you too." and fell asleep.