Chapter 2: A Chance

I lived with Madoka for quite a while, she was happy to house me, and I was happy to be there, her and her friends made me feel so welcome. I made sure every day to thank her profoundly.

"Kyo?" I asked one day when we were all hanging out in Madoka's living room. 

"Madeline, what did I tell you about calling me 'Kyo'?" He replied,

"Sorry..." I rolled my eyes, "Kyoya?" 

"What Madeline?" He smiled at me,  

"D-do you know if Ryuga is alive, or... did he... die?" Kyoya sighed, Gingka looked at his feet and the others turned their heads away, did I say something wrong? Ryuga was one of the people who took care of me and protected me from the traders- as we called them. So was Kyoya, the two boys always took care of me, and I loved both of them for it.

Kyoya stood up and motioned for me to come with him, we walked to the kitchen. "Yes Madeline, Ryuga is alive." 

"He is?!" I said joyfully! 

"Yes, I have seen him recently." He nodded.

"You have?! I wanna see him! Please take me to him, I miss him!" 

"No." He stated.

"W-what?"

"No Madeline."

"Why?!" 

"Because he is dangerous!" 

"But-"

"But nothing. I'm not risking him hurting you." 

"He would never hurt me!" 

"...He might, he hurt me... because I wasn't back at the village taking care of you..." He was talking through clenched teeth. 

"But, he would be happy to see me? Wouldn't he?" 

"Yes, he would." 

"Then can I, he is my friend." 

"You can see him on TV." 

"I don't want to see him on TV, I want to talk to him, he is my friend." 

I kept persisting and that made Kyoya mad, "LOOK I KNOW YOU WANT TO SEE HIM! OK? YOU CAN'T HE IS DANGEROUS! HE COULD HURT YOU!" Kyoya yelled at me. "I DONT WANT THAT! I WANT TO PROTECT YOU!" Tears welled my eyes, I had always hated it when he yelled at me. 

Madoka walked in, "Kyoya, relax." He growled at her, Gingka walked in. 

"Madeline, I don't know the Ryuga you knew, but he has changed, he's really gone crazy."

"But he-he would hurt me! He wouldn't! Please, all I wanna do is see him... I can leave if I feel that it's unsafe for me, I know that feeling better than anyone else! Please just give me- him a chance!" I begged. 

"...Give me a few minutes to talk it over with everyone." I nodded and walked up to my room. I had a small bag filled with all my things, I pulled out a small bracelet, it was in the shape of a dragon, it was similar to Ryuga's crown although, mine was a bracelet. I slipped it on my wrist, and smiled slightly, I missed him so much.

I was called down a little later. Kyoya sighed, 

"Fine Madeline. You get two hours or less with him. We go tomorrow." 

"Yay! Thank you so much!" I hugged everyone. 

"So... you still have that thing," Kyoya said, noticing my bracelet. 

I nodded and smiled, "This is the bracelet Ryuga gave to me before he was kidnaped." I told the group, they all looked at it, 

"...He was kidnaped?" Gingka asked I nodded, 

"yes a man with a purple suit and tiny glasses took him, I miss him a lot. He and Kyoya protected me, for a long time they kept me away from the traders, but then Ryuga was kidnaped, after another year Kyoya's father told him to go on a training journey, and that he couldn't take me. I was left alone, and the traders took their chance to take me and force me to become a slave." 

"Wow..." Kenta said. Everyone looks a little surprised at that, I guess they didn't think Ryuga was ever a nice person. 

EDITED!