Chapter 41: "Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel."

A few minutes of silence later. 

"T-that was Madeline's life? It was that miserable?" Madoka asked me. 

"Yes." 

"Madeline..." Gingka asked, looking sad, I nodded, it would still be a while before they truly missed her, but this was a start, "Ryuga, we are so sorry, we didn't accept her after what she-or Kyoya did. We were all wrong," They all started to cry, and poor Madeline, I would probably need to move her to the closet. 

"I-If you all don't mind I need to calm down a little..." I grumbled, everyone nodded and left. I opened my bedside cabinet, Madeline was crying, she got out and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, "I'm sorry I shouted."

"It's ok Ryuga..." She whispered, I didn't say anything, but she understood, "Ryuga... I know this is hard for you... I know you are angry." 

"Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel." 

"it's ok..." I took a seat on my bed. 

"Are you ok?" I asked, she nodded, 

"Can I move to the closet?" She asked me in a whisper, 

"that's why I came to get you." She smiled faintly and nodded, Madoka knocked on the door and asked me if I was alright. 

"I am f-fine," I stuttered, Madeline was still crying. I kissed her lightly, "Alright, I am sorry I have to leave you, but I need to tend to my guests." I told her, pulling away and whispering in her ear. She nodded and walked to my closet, where it was much roomier. I held her hand, and it was hard for me to leave her there. Her being alive was a hard secret to keep, but we both needed them to not know yet.

They all left and it was time for bed, I was exhausted, I was tired of 'crying'. I helped Madeline out of the closet, we got ready for bed and Madeline walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth. I walked into her room, got under the blankets, and covered my head. I don't even care, I knew she was going to be having more nightmares, so why not catch them before they start? When she came in she didn't notice me, she shut off her lamp, 

"Ryuga must have been tired, I forgot to say goodnight... I'm sure he is already asleep, I won't bother him." She got in the bed. She was trying to get comfortable when I wrapped my arms around her and brought her closer to me. She almost jumped out of the bed in surprise. I gave a tired chuckle, "R-Ryuga, you scared me!" 

"Good. I succeeded." 

"Rude!" I kissed her cheek, 

"I'm catching the nightmares head-on, I'm gonna stay with you tonight." 

"...o-ok." I snuggled against her, 

"Sleep well, my empress." 

"You too my emperor." And with that, we fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night to work on my Christmas present for Madeline, I wanted to give her something special. After working on it for an hour I went back to bed, Madeline was tossing and turning, she was having a nightmare. I got under the blankets and held her hand tightly in mine, she calmed down a few minutes after.