Chapter 28: Shopping!

The next day I took her home.

"...R-Ryuga what are you doing?" She asked 

"...Checking your pulse." I replied. 

"Ryuga I'm fine!"

That night, I heard crying, Madeline! Shoot what if she was in pain? I ran to her room, I didn't even bother knocking, 

"Madeline are you ok?! Are you hurt?!" She looked at me, tears fell from her eyes, but she shook her head, she didn't look hurt, 

"I-I am just having nightmares again... i'm s-sorry..." I sighed and sat beside on her bed, 

"It's fine, I was just worried you were hurt." I placed her on my lap and wrapped my arms around her, "What was this one about?" I asked her, 

"I-It was one I already had, the-the one where I died..." she took a deep breath and tried to clam down. I knew which one she was talking about, 

"It's ok, i'm here, no one is going to hurt you..." I comforted, running my hand through her hair, 

"T-thank you." I layed down and kissed her head. 

"I am so happy you are alive, I can't even believe you almost died." 

"...Me either... my heart stopped beating?" 

"Yes, I checked your pulse one morning and it beat very faintly, and then it stopped, I told Yu to call the ambulance, and we rushed you to the hospital, all the time shocking you, trying to get your heart to beat... I... cried... Madeline, I cried for you." 

"I'm sorry! Ryuga! Y-you cried? F-for me?" I nodded. 

"I am ok now, you are well and that makes me happy. Now you need to sleep." 

"O-ok." After a minute of silence, her breathing steadied, she was asleep.

A few weeks later, we were back at our house, and I was happy for it, Madeline was doing so much better, she had strength and could now walk, so I decided to take her out. I took Madeline's hand one day and lead her out to the car, 

"R-Ryuga where are we going?" 

"I'm taking you shopping, you can pick out anything you want." 

"Wait, why?" 

"Because I want to." We drove to the mall, "Ok now, where do you want to go?" I took her hand, and she lead me to her favorite store, she showed me a giant pillow of her one of her favorite Studio Ghibli characters, Totoro. Her favorite was Haku. 

"Ryuga look!" she said flopping down on it, I smiled a little, she was so adorable. 

"Do you want that?" I asked, I already had a few bags filled with clothes and other little things that I knew she liked. She looked at the price tag of it and shook her head. 

"No, i'll find something cheaper," I rolled my eyes, she had practically said that with everything.I had insisted on buying her everything she wanted, I had a lot of money because of the tournaments that I won. "OH! Ryuga look at this though!" She dragged me to a stand with some Vocaloid merch, she picked out a Miku sweatshirt, and a Rin and Len figure. After that store we went to get some lunch, we enjoyed some hamburgers and soda.

"Well, are you having fun?" I asked her, she nodded, she was still recovering and she looked a little tired, "Are you ready to go home?" I asked her, she nodded.

 We had spent a few hours at the mall, but she didn't get too much, she got two 'bath bombs' whatever that was, a bunch of vocaloid merchandise, a makeup set, and I secretly got her a pair of gold knot earrings, I hoped she would like them. When we got home I set all her stuff down on her bed.