Chapter 10: A Challenge

Madeline's POV

I walked to a burger shop with Madoka. I was excited to be able to get to hang out with her. It felt like it had been forever.  

"So..." She started "Do you like Ryuga?" Madoka asked me when we sat down, 

"...I um...well..." I stuttered and looked at the floor

Madoka gasped,  "You do! I knew it!" I looked at my feet, I did, I really did like him, it was true, but he had such a rank, he was known, not just called but known as The Dragon Emperor, and he was respected as that title, to him I was a peasant, a lowly girl he pitted. 

"Madoka you know I have NO chance with the guy, he is respected by everyone, you should have seen the guy Ryuga yelled at this morning, he was terrified!" 

"What did he do?!" 

"Um, he questioned me, why I was talking to Ryuga and sitting beside him, he kinda was mad about that I had a headpiece like Ryuga's, and accused me of mocking him, Ryuga told that guy off." 

"He did that... to defend you?" I nodded, "Ryuga so likes you!" I rolled my eyes, 

"I think he only pittys me." 

"...I don't think so, I think Ryuga wants to make sure you are safe, he loves you, if he didn't, would you be there now?" 

"...Maybe, I don't know, I just don't think he likes me, at least not in that way, maybe like a brother would love a sister." 

Madoka sighed, "You don't see it, every time he looks at you he feels happiness, he doesn't know 'love' and so when ever he sees you happy, he gets this feeling in his chest, something that makes his heart pound, he is different around you, I have seen it. He loves you, and if your right and he doesn't, then it will be ok, he hast to fall for you sometime, just hold on." Madoka winked, she was so sure he liked me, but I wasn't, as much as I wanted him to, even though it was only the second day with him, made me really happy, I knew he cared about me, that was clear, but how could he love me? I used to be a slave, I am pretty much helpless. 

"Do you like Gingka?" I countered, she blushed a little, I knew she did from the first day I met them, it was so obvious! "Does he like you?" 

"I don't know... he may..." 

"Well I think he does, he listens to you attentively, and he looks at you affectionately." 

"...He does?" 

"Yea, he does. Let's have a contest, whoever gets there crush as a boyfriend wins! The prize is the satisfaction of winning, what do you think?" 

"Hmm, that sounds fun! Good luck!" 

"Haha you too!" After a few hours Ryuga drove up in his car, me and Madoka had talked for quite a long time and we had a lot of fun. 

"Madeline, it's time to go." Ryuga told me, 

"Ok!" I ran up to the car, "Bye Madoka! I had a great time, thank you and good luck!" 

"You too! Bye!" 

We waved and I got in the car. 

"Did you have a good time?" Ryuga asked me, 

"I did! It was really fun hanging with Madoka! It was nice talking with her. So what are your plans for tonight?" 

"You will see." 

EDITED