Chapter 42: Decorating for Christmas

Madeline's POV

I woke up right next to Ryuga, who was still sleeping. I snuggled next to him. He awoke at my touch, he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Mmm... you are so warm..." he mumbled, I gigged. He wrapped his arms around me and held me closer. "How do I get so soft around you?" He asked, mumbling into my hair. 

I giggled slightly. "I don't know, why do you have a soft side for me?" 

"Maybe it's because I love you..." 

"I love you too," I responded, pecking the tip of his nose. 

"You know what? It's Christmas time, we should decorate."
I smiled. "We should!" 

"Ok, why don't I go to the store and get some things, and you can make some yummy treats and some cute crafts for the occasion," Ryuga suggested, 

"Oh, that sounds fun! But aren't the others coming today?" 

"I think so, we will have to wait till after they come." 

"Ok!" We both got up and dressed.  I started cleaning the house, 

"Ok, so I would like to get a Christmas tree, but it has to be small, and I'll pick out some really cute and cool ornaments. You can make some, too." Ryuga told me, he was texting the others to see if they were coming. They actually weren't so Ryuga went to the store. I made a cake and worked on a present for Ryuga. 

"Hey, Ry-Ry! Can you pick me up a cloak or a big jacket? I need it so I can go out of the house." I texted. 

"Sure Madi." He responded. What should I get for Ryuga? I want something that will show how much he means to me...

Ryuga came back a little later, "Here is your cloak, come help me with the tree." Ryuga told me, tossing me the cloak. I strapped it on and put the hood up. When I got outside, Ryuga had a mini tree in the back of his truck, I helped carry it into the house, but Ryuga did most of the work because he was a lot stronger. We set the tree up and Ryuga showed me the ordinates he got. "I got red, white, and gold. "And I got this," Ryuga said setting all the bulbs out. He pulled out two ornaments, one was a red and yellow dragon, and the other was a white and red dragon. "This one is yours." he handed me the red and white dragon. 

"Oh, Ryuga it's beautiful!" He smiled, 

"We will sign our names and put the date, as our first Christmas together. I'm glad you like it." I took a sharpy and signed my name on the beautiful dragon, then handed it to Ryuga, who signed his, 'The Dragon Emperor' I have signed mine, 'The Dragon Empress'. We decorated the tree, and we put our ornaments right in the center so we could see them. 

"It looks so beautiful!" I told Ryuga. 

"It does, doesn't it." He gave a smile and held me close to his chest. 

  Beep! "Oh, the cake is ready!" I exclaimed and ran into the kitchen. I put the cake on the stove to cool a little. 

"Hmmm, that smells good." Ryuga came in saying. 

"Hehe, I hope you like it, it's your favorite, chocolate." 

"Mmm, I got you some frosting and sprinkles." He said, putting another bag on the counter. 

"I also got some fun stuff to put outside, I'll go put it up." He said and walked out.

When the cake cooled, I frosted and decorated it. 

"Oh, Ryuga will love it!" I exclaimed. I put my cloak on and went outside, 

"Ugg!" Ryuga growled in frustration, he was on the roof, trying to hang lights, he had sat snow! 

"Ryuga! The cake is ready!" I called from the door. 

"I'll be there in a minute." He grumbled. I laughed and went back inside. Ryuga had another bag filled with indoor decor, so I decorated it inside. I hung stockings, garland, and wreaths. I lit some candles that made it smells like Christmas. Then Ryuga came in, and he was soaking wet. "Ryuga what happened?!"  

"I fell." He growled and walked upstairs. 

"Are you ok?" 

"I'm fine, just soaking wet and really cold." 

"I'm sorry!" While he was upstairs I made some hot cocoa, and cut him some cake. He came back down a few minutes later, dry and income clean clothes. "Are you better now?" I asked, handing him a mug of hot chocolate and some cake, 

"Mmmhmm." He sat down on the couch and looked around. "I like what you did with the place... very cool. And the cake is delicious." 

"Thanks, I'm glad you like it all!" I sat beside him, eating my own piece of cake. "You will have to come to see that I have done outside." 

"Ok!" I started to get up but Ryuga held me back. 

"I wanna sit here for a little." 

"Ok," He held me closer to him. And we fell asleep.

I woke up next to Ryuga on the couch. "Hi," I said, my face a bit red. 

"Hi." 

"Can we go outside now? I really wanna see what you have done?" 

He smiled, "Sure." He helped me up and we walked outside. It was now dark out. He turned on the lights. The entire house lit up! I gaped at the lights, 

"OH, it's so beautiful!" I hugged him, "you did a great job!" 

"thank you. I thought you would like it." We took a walk around the house, admiring the pretty lights and decorations. Ryuga then dragged me under the porch and pointed up. We were right under the mistletoe. He smirked. 

"Hilarious," I remarked, he kissed me.