Chapter 21: The peace of sleep

Ryuga's POV

I couldn't sleep, I don't know if it was because of the suspense that battle bladers caused, or was it my date with Madeline? After thinking about it, I decided that I most likely wouldn't go to sleep tonight. 

I heard crying. Madeline must have been having nightmares again. I got up and walked to her room, I knocked lightly and went in. 

"Madeline, are you ok?" I asked, she was sitting on her bed trying to contain her sobs, 

"N-no. I-I keep having nightmares. They terrify me, and make my scars hurt, I am in pain. I am so sorry, I must have woken you." She trembled. 

"You did not wake me, and even if you did, I would be fine, tell me the dream," I hugged her, "Madi, can you tell me the dream?" 

She nodded, "It-it was about me getting k-killed, I-I was whipped until I was almost d-dead, you were there although you could not help, for some r-reason you could not find me. After I was w-whipped almost to d-death, I was thrown down and the man who was whipping me went away, I thought it was over but I was wrong, another man came and started kicking me, until I d-died." She was crying, and just repeating the horrid dream made her more afraid and it made her scars hurt more, "Ryuga I am so scared, what if that dream comes true? What-what what if?" 

She was sobbing by now, poor thing, she was so scared. "Madeline, I am here for you, I will make sure that that will never happen, do you want me to stay with you tonight?" 

"B-but Ryuga, you need sleep." 

"No, not if you can't sleep, not if you are terrified, and not if you are in pain, I care so much about you. Madeline," I took her hands in mine, "Madeline, I want to to know I'm here for you, whenever you need me, even if its in the middle of the night. I love you, Madeline." 

Hearing my words she cried more, she knew I cared so much for her, she was everything to me. I felt her tears fall onto my lap, "Ryuga... thank you..." Madeline sobbed, I ran my fingers through her hair, 

"Madeline, I am here for you, I love you." I kissed her lips lightly. 

It pained me to see her this way, crying, afraid and in pain. She was terrified that someone was going to kill her. Nobody was going to hurt her, I would make sure of that. I embraced her tighter, I felt her arms twist around me, and hug me, as tight as she could, 

"I-I want to stay here, Ryuga, in-in your arms and not leave, you-you make me feel loved, and you care." She said through tears, she was quivering, 

"I am here, I will not leave you, I promise." After a while we sat in silence, I could tell she was trying her best to stay awake, 

"Ryuga, I don't want to fall asleep, but I am so tired..." She mumbled tiredly, 

"Madi, I need you to sleep, I will keep you in my arms so if have any nightmares I will be here." I was also tired, and I needed sleep, I hoped my first battle was not a long one tomorrow, 

"Ok," She yawned and buried her head into my chest, and hopefully fell asleep. I gave her one more kiss on the head, closed my eyes, and rested my head on her hers. I looked down after a few minutes, and she was asleep, she was so peaceful, I wanted the peace of sleep also, so I closed my eyes, laid down, and fell asleep. 

EDITED