Chapter 37: "Don't Let this be a Dream... Please."

"Madeline, for a while Madoka and the others will still visit me, they have been ever since four months ago, while they are here I want you to hide and pretend you aren't there, they are still mad at you, I will show them the text you sent me and they will think you are dead, this is just for now until I can make them understand. I will say that I have your stuff because I don't want it sold. Is that ok?" 

"Yes, I like that idea, I prefer to be dead to them." He nodded, 

"I will need to pretend to be sad, ok?" 

"Ok." We got back to the house, and I moved back into my room, it felt good to be there, it was almost 10:30. I climbed in bed.

A few hours later I couldn't sleep, I felt that if I tried that I would just wake up in my apartment, all alone. I wasn't crying, but Ryuga knocked at my door, walked in, and sat down on my bed beside me. 

"...If I go to sleep will I be back there?" I questioned when he didn't say anything. 

"...I was asking myself the same." He responded I flinched as brought me into his lap. "I know you are afraid of me." Ryuga started. "But I hope you can learn to be ok around me again... I'm sorry for the pain that I brought you." 

"...I will, I forgive you, I would have been mad too... I'm sorry..." I said. 

"Madeline... it's ok, don't apologize anymore... it's not your fault, you had no control over it, I did, and I screwed it, I almost made you... kill yourself." 

"It's is ok Ryuga, I am here now aren't I?" 

"Yes you are, I will never leave you like that again." 

"Thank you. I-I don't know if I will ever get to sleep tonight, can-can you stay here with me?" He smiled a little. 

"Of course... I need it to." Ryuga looked at me with kind, apologetic eyes, and stroked my hair, "Sleep now..." He told me, I nodded and closed my eyes, he held me tighter, 

"Don't let this be a dream... Please" I begged my conscience.

Ryuga's POV

I am so happy that Madeline is back in my arms, and I feel so bad for leaving her in such a position that she wanted to kill herself, I am so glad I stopped her. I don't think I could have bared it if she did succeed. 

Tomorrow Madoka and others will be coming, just like normal, I would need to be sad as normal, but this time I needed to be hurt, in such pain that they would leave me alone, I had to make them believe that Madeline is dead until they miss her also and mourn for her. I kissed the sleeping head of Madeline. I can't believe she hurt herself the way she did. When she told me that she did, my heart hurt for her, she must be in a lot of pain. I noticed, If I didn't know better, I would have thought she was dead, she had black and blue bruises all along her legs and feet, her wrist was covered in new scars and she was thin. 

Why did you do this? Why did you do this to yourself? I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not listening. I felt a few tears well in my eyes.