Chapter 30: Camping

The next day Ryuga and I loaded everything into his truck, the tent, fishing poles, kayak, food, and our suitcases.

"Ready?" He asked me, smiling.

"Mmhm!" I smiled back at him.

We both got into the truck and drove to the mountains.

"I really like your new truck Ryuga!" I told him, the mountain air blowing in my hair,

"Thanks, I really like it too." We talked the entire time, about we were going to do: We planed to go fishing, kayaking, we would cook out on an open fire, and make smores! We would do so many fun things.

After a few hours, we got to the campsite, and I helped Ryuga set up the tent. It was right by a river so we started fishing,

"Ok, so you are going to cast your line out like this," Ryuga showed me, I tried to mimic what he did.

"Good job. Now start bringing in the line slowly..." He said, reeling in his line, he didn't catch anything this time. I did the same, I didn't catch anything ether.

A little bit later, "Madeline! I got something." Ryuga called, pulling hard on his line. A fish was hanging by Ryuga's hook,

"Ah! Ryuga good job!" I told him, he laughed,

"I'm gonna cut him open and we can have him for dinner!"

"Eww! Please not in front of me!"

"I'm gonna do it right beside you, so it's blood will spill all over you!" Ryuga teased.

"No!" I laughed.

"I'm going to skin it. Keep fishing."

"Ok." I tossed my line in again. He walked back to the campsite. After a minute, I felt a tug on the line, I pulled hard, "Ryuga! I think I got something!" I yelled for him, he came to my side, his hands were bloody from the fish that he had caught, he placed his hands over mine.

"Ryuga! Ew!" We pulled on the line, we both fell back, "Ah!" Ryuga landed first but he caught me, the fish that I had caught landed on my lap and flopped around I stood up and squealed, Ryuga just laughed at me, but caught the fish as it bounced out of my lap.

"Hey you caught one!" He cheered me, "Good job, now i'm going to teach you how to skin it and prepare it for dinner,"

"...Ok..." I didn't really want to learn, but Ryuga dragged me into it any way. He showed me how he peeled the skin off and and gutted it, I almost threw up...

"Ok so, ill cut it open like this... are you ok?" Ryuga asked me, I shook my head,

"I-I think I'm gonna barf, it smells SO bad!" Ryuga just laughed.

"It's ok, I do this every time I go on training journeys, but if you need to throw up, go do it in the bushes." I rolled my eyes,

"Thanks."

After that was over, Ryuga poked a stick through the fish and cooked it by the fire. After letting it cook for a little, he picked it up and started eating it.

"Go on, eat." He instructed me, I picked up the cooked fish, Ryuga was just eating it off the stick, "Be careful of bones." He added,

"Ok..." I took a small bite of the fish, it was good! Ryuga had cooked it perfectly, "It's good!" I told him, he nodded,

"I'm glad you like it." He told me, after a few minutes of eating Ryuga spoke up, "Are you ready for s'mores?" I nodded happily.

"Yup! I have never had a s'more!"

"Really?"

"Yea..." I gave a small laugh,

"Well then you need to have one, I think you will like it," He said and took out a marshmallow, he roasted it till it was a golden brown, then took a piece of chocolate and squished it between two graham crackers, he handed it to me, "Enjoy." I took the interesting peice of food, and bit into it, my eyes widened, it was AMAZING! I stuffed the entire s'more into my mouth. Ryuga chuckled, "You like it?"

"Yus!" I said my mouth full,

"Good." he made a few more and he had one himself.

EDITED