Chapter 50: The Boats of Love

When I opened my eyes to tell him, Ryuga was on one knee, he had an open box with a ring inside, the ring was in the shape of two dragons forming a heart, the eyes of the dragons were rubies, and filling the heart was a diamond. Tears formed in my eyes and I covered my mouth with my hands. 

"Madeline," Ryuga started, "I think you are the most amazing person, and I love you SO much. You have always been there for me, and I want to be there for you. Madeline, will you become my official Dragon Empress? Will you marry me?" 

Now tears were spilling down my cheeks, I nodded, "Y-Yes!" He stood up, slid the ring on my finger, and kissed me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy!" I said hugging Ryuga, 

"I'm so glad!" The flower guy was clapping for us.

When we got off the boats Some people spotted us and ran towards us then stopped, 

"Madeline! What are you- R-Ryuga?!" It was Gingka and Madoka, they stared at us wide-eyed. 

"Hey, g-guys," I said I was still crying. 

"What the heck did he do to you?! And how is he alive?!" Madoka threatened, 

"Do you guys wanna come over for dinner? I can tell you there."

"Alright, we'll come."

 Ryuga and I got in the car and started driving. I was shaking, I couldn't believe what happened. 

"R-Ryuga, are-are we really getting married?" I asked I couldn't believe it was real. 

"Yes Madeline, if you want to." 

"I really want to, I am just, I can't believe this, I'm so happy." 

"I'm glad." I stared at my new ring, it was beautiful and I loved it.

 "Ryuga... it's so beautiful, I love it. I love you." 

"I love you too, you are very welcome."

We got to our house, Gingka, Madoka, and Kenta were there, "Ryuga, was this L-Drago's doing?" Gingka asked, Kenta saw Ryuga and gave him the biggest hug. 

"Yes, he teleported me away at the final moment, I have been healing for a while." 

"Oh, we were so upset when you died, Kenta and Madeline were so upset."

"I didn't realize you guys didn't know I was alive. When I had gotten home, I saw that Madeline wasn't there, I thought at first she went to the store, then after an hour, I went looking for her. I found her, almost dead in the village, Mason kidnaped her and whipped her until she was almost dead. I thankfully stopped it, although I was too weak to fight and I didn't have L-Drago, so I put on a cloak and traded my Bey holder for her. She was almost dead, and blood was pouring out of her. I bandaged her and brought her home when she woke up, she was so happy she started to cry." 

"Hey!" 

"it's true." 

"Yeah, but they don't need to know that..." 

"Aww, I know Madeline loves you Ryuga, to her, she told us, in her eyes you are the best boyfriend ever," Madoka said Ryuga chuckled.
"Well... I'm glad she said that, but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend anymore." 

"WHAT?! What happened? You two were meant for each other!" Gingka and Madoka told us, we laughed. 

"Yes, and that is why we will be getting married!" I finished, holding up my hand for them to see the ring. 

"Oh. My. Gosh! You're getting married!" Madoka tackled me in a hug. 

I fell on the ground, "oof!" I landed on my back, "Ow!" 

"Madeline! Madoka please, she is still really sore!" Ryuga freaked.

"Oh, I didn't know! Sorry" She got off me and Ryuga helped me up, 

"Are you alright?" 

"Yes, I'm ok." Ryuga checked my back, it was fine.

 "Ryuga, Madeline. Congratulations! We are so happy for you, and now you can rub it in Kyoya's face that you are getting married, and to stay away from you!" Gingka said, patting Ryuga's back.

"You got a good girl." 

"Yes, I did." 

"Ryuga, Madeline, we would like to have a party for you two at my place, maybe tomorrow? Everyone can come!" Madoka asked. 

"Is that ok with you Ryuga?" I asked, "Sure, it will be a good way to announce it, and that you are alive." 

"Awesome! I will start planing! And I'll get a cake and everything! Come on babe! Let's go!" Madoka dragged Gingka out the door. 

"Bye! Congrats!" He said in a hurry. I laughed, 

"I'm so happy Ryuga." I hugged him tightly. 

"Me too." After that we spent precious time together, we watched a movie and cuddled.

(Sobs internally)