Chapter 52: An old home: Part 1

Then the party was over, we went home. "Ryuga, I'm just so happy..."

Ryuga chuckled, "I'm glad."

"When will we start planning?  I'm so excited!" I said.

"We can plan in a while, but we have somewhere need to go somewhere first," Ryuga responded.

"Where?"

"Well, we have other people to tell the news to, we need to go visit my mother" 

"Oh... i-in the village?" I asked nervously. 

"Yes, but don't worry, I will protect you. they shouldn't even know you are there." 

We packed our things and got on the road, the road to Ryuga's family house was only a few hours.

We got there a little later, and for the first time in a while, Ryuga looked nervous. He walked up to the front door and knocked.

After a moment, Ryuga's brother answered, "Ryuga?!" 

"Hello Ryuto, it has been a while."

"Yes, it has, why are you here?" He looked shocked to see us.

"Are you the only one who lives here? Where is mom?" He asked.

"No, mom still is here, but dad is gone, he won't be back for another six months." Ryuga nodded, 

"Hey Madeline~," Ryuto said, leaning on the door.  

"Hello, Ryuto," I said plainly,

"He didn't like my reply, 

"You guys come in, ill get mom." he walked off and Ryuga lead me inside. I looked around the house, it was decorated pretty, but simple. There were bright colors and pretty decor. 

"Ryuga? Is that really you?" Ryuga's mother walked into the room.

"Hello mother," Ryuga said, she walked up to him, and touched his face, Ryuga was a lot taller than his mother, so she was reaching a bit.

"you're alive!" She hugged him. 

"Yes mother, I am alive." Ryuga hugged her. 

"You've got so strong! Training hard I see." 

"Yes, mom." He smiled. He was happy to see his mother.  "I was wondering if you could spare a night? I don't want to impose, but I wanted to see you." 

"Yes, anything for my son." She looked so happy. "I'm sorry I wasn't prepared. You should have called!" 

" will next time, thank you, mother," Ryuga said. 

"Thank you!" I added. 

"Madeline, it is good to see you! My dear, how have you been?" Ryuga's mother asked me. 

"I have been alright, Mason and the others got to me a few times, but I'm good!" 

"I'm glad you are alright now, I'm a little surprised to see you with Ryuga, has he been treating you well?" 

"Yes, he has!" 

"Good, so, you need two rooms? One for Madeline and Ryuga can have his old one." She said to herself. "Are you hungry? I just made dinner, if you want you can have some, something told me to make a little extra tonight, so I made steak, I know it's your favorite, son." 

"Well... when you make it, it's hard to resist," Ryuga replied with a laugh. Ryuga's mom lead us to a table and set some food down. 

"Thank you," I said, 

She smiled, "You are very welcome!" I started eating. 

"Hey guys," Ryuto sat down beside me, "Madeline you have gotten very pretty..." Ryuto was flirting with me. 

"Thanks, Ryuto, but I'm taken." 

"That's too bad... I think you would like me better though." 

Ryuga coughed and stifled a laugh. "Ryuto, she said back off." 

"Hmm, are you two dating?! But Madeline would surely like me better I'm like so much more attractive than you." Ryuto teased, trying to get a hold of my hand. 

"Ryuto, please, I am taken," I said rolling my eyes, at this point, he was just trying to make Ryuga angry. 

"But-" 

"Ryuto. She said to leave her alone, and you flirting with her, with me right beside her, is just wrong." 

"Ryuto! Are you flirting with Madeline? You do know Ryuga is her boyfriend." Ryuga's mother scolded. 

"Sorry." 

"Mother, could you come here please? I need to tell you something," Ryuga called, he looked at me. I nodded. 

"Sure," She came and sat. "What is it?" 

"First, Madeleine is not my girlfriend, second, this steak is really good." 

"What?! I thought you were! I'm sorry." 

"What you just said you were!" Ryuto said, I laughed, 

"We came here to announce our engagement," Ryuga said simply. 

Ryuga's mother stood up. "Y-you are engaged?!" Ryuga nodded, and I held out my hand to show the ring. 

"Oh, it's beautiful! I-I am so happy for you! Oh Ryuga, Madeline! I'm so proud of you!" She came and hugged us. "Oh thank you for coming to tell me!"

Ryuga nodded. "Madeline makes me very happy." 

"I'm so happy to hear that. Oh, I bet you two are going to be so happy together." 

"Wow Ryuga, I can't believe this, you are getting married, I never thought you could do it." 

Ryuga rolled his eye. "Gee, thanks, Ryuto."