Chapter 23: L-Drago's Poison

Madeline's POV

I woke up, Ryuga had left, and I walked to the roof of the building, there was a lot of people there and the sun was almost all the way up. I looked at the raised stadium before me, and went and stood by Madoka.

It looked as if Ryuga was almost evenly matched. I heard Ryuga cry out in pain, 

"Why L-Drago? Why are you?!" Then I saw this energy fly into Ryuga, he screamed and his veins became visible, his voice became dark, and a beam of light shot up into the sky, and the sky turned black. 

"Ryuga!" I screamed at him, his face morphed into one of a dragon, I was now shaking 

"STOP! STOP IT L-DRAGO! I AM THE ONE WHO CONTROLS YOU! DON'T TRY TO TAKE ME HERE! DON'T TRY TO CONTROL... ME!" Ryuga screamed, I put my hand over my mouth, I heard Gingka ask if the was really him. 

"RYUGA!" I cried, I wanted to help but he was in a battle. (I really don't want to type the rest, you know what happens)

The stadium collapsed, I was in pure shock, Ryuga and Gingka both fell but I saw Gingka get saved by Pegasus, everyone was cheering, I was happy Gingka won, but I was sad and angry for Ryuga, I did not know my feelings for him. I felt betrayed, the Ryuga/dragon thing said that he wanted darkness and destruction. I went down with the others and congratulated Gingka. Gingka kissed Madoka. 

I started walking off. "Madeline!" it was Kyoya, 

"What do you want Kyoya," I said with no emotion in my voice, but yet I was trying my best to hold back tears. 

"Are you ok? Here come with me." He told me, 

"No, and no, I just want to be alone." I continued walking, a single tear fell. I felt the arms of people around me, there hugging me was, Gingka, Madoka, Kenta, Kyoya, Benkei, Ryo, Yu, Hikaru, Hyoma, Tsubasa, and a lot of other people. More tears started falling from my face, and I collapsed on the ground. 

"Wh-what happened?" I asked Gingka, 

"I don't know." 

"Why do I care?!" More tears started falling. They all hugged me tighter, 

"Madeline, we are so sorry for what happened." I heard Madoka say, 

"Was-was this his true goal? To cover the world in darkness and destruction?" 

"No." I heard a voice say, "It was not, my goal was to become the strongest blader." We looked up, it was Ryuga, he had a bruises and cuts all over his face, he walked up to me, but I backed away, if he was possessed I did not want to be around him, everyone formed a wall in front of me, blocking Ryuga from me. 

I got up and ran in the other direction, away from the crowd, and away from Ryuga. I entered the forest, I was getting scraped by sticks and branches, but I didn't care, I just ran faster. I found a cave and hid in it. 

That was it, I was done, I couldn't take much more of anything now, I couldn't take it that Ryuga had all along been possessed by L-Drago, was all that he said to me fake? Was it really him that told me he loved me? So I ran away, I hoped no one would find me, ever. I needed to be alone, to think and to sleep. I collapsed on my hands and knees on the cold stone ground, and sobbed. I cried myself to sleep. 

EDITED