Chapter 14: In the Hospital

I ran over to Madeline, she was hanging by her hands, blood was dripping down her back, and she was almost unconscious.

"Madeline, can you hear me?!" I asked franticly and untied her gag.

"Ry-Ryuga, pl-please help me-" She stammered and fell into unconsciousness. I untied her hands and she fell into my arms. 

"I got you." I whispered to her and wrapped her back in my jacket, it was all I had and I used it as best as I could to stop the bleeding. I saw tears stream down unconscious her face. I picked her up bridal style, carried her to my car, set her down in the front seat, and drove her to the hospital.

When I arrived I burst in the door with Madeline in my arms. "Quick! My friend is hurt!" I called. Madeline's blue dress was torn and bloody and her face bruised. Her back was almost shreds and her blood was seeping through my jacket. Almost immediately nurses surrounded me. 

"Oh my goodness! Please follow me!" I followed the nurse to a room and laid Madeline down on the bed. I had never got a good look at her back, it was in the dark. But I could see it clearly as they unwrapped the jacket from her back. she had so many cuts, I'm sorry, that was an understatement, these were deep slashes all across her back. She must be in so much pain. 

"What happened here sir?" One of the nurses asked me, the others were starting to work on Madeline, cleaning up the blood and applying ointment.  

"She was abused, she came from a village that hurt her, tonight a man came and whipped her." I replied. 

"...The poor girl, we'll get her fixed up. We need to remove her clothes, so if you would leave." She told me. I gave a curt nod and walked out. 

I would need to call Doji, we would be late. I dialed his number.

"Hello?" Doji picked up, 

"Doji it's Ryuga, Madeline was just whipped and I am at the hospital, I am staying here with her, so I won't be back till tomorrow." I told him with a annoyance clear in my voice. I hated Doji. 

"Oh my, that is terrible, well, ok. I will move your things for you, you want Madeline's room right by yours right?" He asked. 

"Yes, and I want the entire floor to ourselves, got it?" 

"Yes Master Ryuga." I hung up, ran my fingers through my hair, and cursed. I paced the room, it was all I could do. 

I was finally called back into the room after two hours. It was now 1:30 in the morning and I was exhausted. 

"R-Ryuga?" I heard Madeline studder, she was awake. I looked over at her, she looked to be in so much pain. 

"I'm here," I walked over to her and sat down beside her in a chair and stroked her hair. Her wounds were cleaned and she had fresh bandages on. 

"Sir, so her wounds were very deep so we had to give her stitches. We will call you when she needs to come back to have them removed. She may go home tomorrow." The doctor told me. 

"Alright, thank you." I replied. 

"I-I am s-sorry, I r-ruined our, our night." She told me, she looked at her blankets. 

"Madeline you did not ruin tonight, that was not your fault, I still had a great time," I told her and kissed her forehead. She reached for my hand, I took hers and squeezed lightly. 

"Ry-Ryuga, please don't go." Madeline begged me.

 "I won't, I promise, I won't leave your side." I caressed her hand. She gave a tired smile, and croaked out a thank you, and then we both fell asleep.

EDITED