Chapter 3: Meeting my Old Friend, The Dragon Emperor

The next day, I studied my bracelet like I had done so many times, I knew every line and detail like the back of my hand. 

When the time came I raced down the stairs, Kyoya told me it was time to go. "Bye Everyone! I'll see you later!" I hugged Madoka and thanked her.  

Gingka came up to me, "If Ryuga does anything to hurt you, I will kick his butt so hard he will land in the U.S.A." 

I chuckled "ok!" 

"I'm serious!" 

"I know!" I laughed.

"Let's go Madi!" 

"Coming!" I got in the car and we drove off. 

We arrived at a mansion a half-hour later. "Alright, we're here, go knock. Remember you have two hours... and please be careful, Ryuga has changed a lot." Kyoya told me, I nodded.

I got out and knocked on the large doors, "Ello?" I heard a voice say, it had a French accent. "I am sorry, we were not expecting visitors, how can I help you?" It asked.

"I-I came to see R-Ryuga..." I replied. 

"Ok! Let me get my master, I will only be a moment." The voice said.

After a few minutes of waiting a man with a purple suit and small glasses came out, I gasped, this was the man who took Ryuga. "I am sorry, Master Ryuga, does not want to be seen right now. What do you want with him anyway?" The man asked, scanning me, 

"Can-can you tell him, that it's Madeline, please. I -I am an old friend of his. A-and that I am wearing the bracelet he gave me. I want to see him." I was really scared, the man nodded. 

"Merci, inform Master Ryuga that a girl called Madeline, wants to see him and she is wearing the bracelet he gave her." 

"Thank you, sir..." 

"Hmm, if he wants to see you, he will let you come in in a few minutes." I nodded.

Ryuga's POV

"Master Ryuga!" Merci called,

"What is it?" I growled at him, 

"There is a girl here, she wants to see you, she says her name is Madeline and she is wearing the bracelet you gave her." The voice informed me, 

"...Madeline?" 

"Yes sir, that is what she said her name was." I nodded and walked down to meet her. 

"Who is she?" Doji asked, I ignored him and kept going. 

I opened the door and step out, it was a cool January morning. Then I saw her, she was shivering a little in the cold, hearing the door open she turned to see me. It had been a long time since I have seen her, she had gotten taller yet hardly two-thirds of my height, ten times more beautiful, her brown hair was shoulder-length, and had the same blue eyes as I remembered although they sparkled more. "Ryuga?" She asked she looked so nervous, Kyoya must have told her that I have changed. I had changed, but... I would be the best me for her. 

"Madeline." I breathed. I stepped to her and enveloped her in my arms. "Come on, let's go inside, you are cold." She nodded. I walked her into the sitting area and helped her sit down.  I sat beside her, "How are you here Madeline?" I breathed, holding her to me. 

"I escaped... sometime last month I think, I wanted to see you so I forced Kyoya to take me here, he wasn't very happy about me wanting to see you... he told me you were dangerous..." She sounded sad, she didn't want to believe that I could be dangerous to people. 

"...I'm not that dangerous." I lied 

"The villagers turned me into a slave, like they did before you and Kyoya came. They hurt me quite a bit, whipped every night..." My eyes widened, I knew before she said anything that they had, she held herself like it hurt, but yet did her best to look fine, If I didn't know her so well I would have believed it. 

"How many lashes?" I asked, and questioned myself if I even wanted to know, 

"Well it depends, when I did a good job about two to four, but if I collapsed on the job, it was like five to ten," she told me, she looked down, I knew she hated remembering, and I knew she hated knowing that they were after her, wanting her back, when they found her she would get whipped so many times that she may not survive.

Then the idea occurred to me, to protect her from the villagers that could be tracking her, she could stay here with me, I could spend as much time with her as I wished, and I could keep her safe. 

EDITED