Chapter 27: D-Dead?!

I quickly felt another place for a beat. Nothing. I stood up and grabbed Madeline, Yu had come today and was already here. 

"Yu! Hurry call 911! Madeline's heartbeat has stopped!" I commanded Yu, he gasped and dialled the number. 

"WE NEED AN AMBULANCE PLEASE HURRY!" Yu gave the address of my house and the ambulance was here within two minutes, 

"Madeline!" I called for her, s-she can't be gone... 

"Sir we are going to the hospital, we need to get her heart pumping again." The doctor told me frantically, Madeline was almost dead, her heart has already stopped beating. I rode in the truck with them and watch over her, I was shaking, they set up an AED unit. 

"CLEAR!" They shocked her. They checked her pulse. Nothing. The first shock didn't work. More tears filled my eyes, Yu came along with me, and held my hand, it was to help him, but it also helped me.

"Y-Yu, I-I need you to call Madoka, tell h-her the s-situation." Yu nodded, and did as he was told. I thought a bit while the doctors shocked her again, could I live without her? With out her beautiful smile and her happy charm? Could I live knowing that I will never see her again? That I was partly the cause of her death? I couldn't live with that last part. The tears that I held fell from my face, and I got a call, it was Gingka, I answered. The second shock still didn't do anything. 

"H-hello?" 

"Ryuga. Where are you right now?" Gingka demanded. 

"I'm-im on my way to the h-hospital, with a clinically d-dead Madeline." I replied, wiping more tears. 

"We will be there soon." He said and hung up. 

We got to the hospital, and they put her in a room, and they shocked her once again, with every time they tried, I cried more, just silently. I loved her, more than anything, and I couldn't live without her, I had power, I was strong, I did what I liked, people respected me, but... without Madeline, I missed the one thing I truly needed. Love. 

Gingka and the others got here, and they came in to find me miserable... s-she was-was d-dead. The third shock still didn't do anything... 

"M-Madeline... please hold on..." I whispered, and said a silent prayer. She had to live. 

"Ryuga..." Kenta put a hand on my arm. I didn't say anything, I couldn't. My best friend was dying right in front of me, and I couldn't take it! 

"Why... why are you fading from me?!" I asked quietly, "You have to hold on," Another shock. "Please! Live!" Another 30 seconds. 

"...She's breathing!" One of the doctors cried, they felt for a pulse, "Her heart is beating! She will live!" She is alive! She is going to be ok! Thank goodness! Tears of pure joy fell down my cheeks, I may have lost my pride, but I didn't lose my friend. There was a sigh of relief all around the room, Madoka and some of the others cheered, I went to Madeleine's bed side, and touched her hand. 

After a few minutes, her eyes fluttered open. "M-Madeline!" I cried, 

"R-Ryu-ga?" She stuttered weakly, 

"Shh, don't talk, Ill explain everything." She gave a slight nod, 

"You are her close friend, right?" One of the doctors asked me, I nodded, "You must be very careful for the next week, she will stay here the night, but she can leave tomorrow afternoon, she doesn't have much strength left so we will put her in a wheelchair." I nodded. "I'm glad you called us when you did, she almost died today." I nodded, I felt so tired all of a sudden. 

"W-what is going o-on?" Madeline asked, her voice was barely a whisper, "W-where am I?" 

"You are at the hospital." 

"W-why?" 

"Madeline, you almost died today, your heart stopped beating." I told her.

"But... I-I don't remember any p-pain, I remember falling and then everything went black." 

"You fell down a ditch, that was three weeks ago, you were in a coma." 

"a-a coma?" I nodded. 

"Miss, do you live with him?" The doctor asked her, she nodded, "Would he be good to take care of you?" She nodded again, "Well he needs to give you this medicine twice a day" The doctor handed me a bottle filled with some clear liquid. "Fill it to here," He instructed me filling the small cup with the medicine, he handed it to Madeline, "Drink this." She nodded and drank. "As I said, twice a day. Make sure that she eats a lot so she can regain her strength." I nodded again. 

The doctors left the room, and everyone crowded around Madeline, 

"Madeline!" Every one cried, tears we welled in my, Madoka's, Yu's, Gingka's, Kenta's and Benkei's eyes.

"W-why are you all c-crying?" She asked, I couldn't take it anymore, I sat beside her and brought her into my arms, I needed to feel her heart beat. Bum bum it was beating, she was ok... 

"You're alive..." 

"R-Ryuga d-don't cry!" She did her best to calm me. "I-I'm o-ok." she told me and weakly wrapped her arms around me. I clung to her, I didn't care if everyone was watching, but they all joined me, they all hugged her, and me. "E-everyone p-please don't cry, I am ok, I am fine." 

"...I know... but... you literally died Madeline, but you-you are here now, alive and breathing, it's a miracle and I am so thankful for it, I am so thankful for you." I told her, I was so thankful for her, she made me happy, she cares about me like no one else has, and I care about her, I love her. 

"R-Ryuga..." Madeline asked me an hour later, everyone was still here, and they all wanted to be around her for a while, I could tell she was liking the company. 

"Yes, what do you need?" I responded 

"I-I am hungry, c-can I get something to eat?" 

"Of course, let me get the doctor and figure out what you can eat." She nodded, I walked out of the room and asked her doctor what she can eat, he handed me a menu and told me she could get whatever. I walked back into Madeline's room, "Ok Madi, you can get whatever you want," I sat back down beside her and handed her the menu. 

"O-ok," She was so weak, I felt so bad for her, she will get her strength back, but it will take a while, "I-i'll have the hamburger please..." She pointed on the menu, 

"Ok, i will go get it for you." I walked out again and got her food. "Here you go Madeline, I handed her the food, 

"T-thank you." She dove right into it, she looked so hungry she looked a lot skinnier also. When she was done she smiled up at me, she was getting better. 

After a few hours everyone left, except for Kyoya, 

"...Madi..." He started, "I am so sorry, this is all my fault, if I hadn't yelled at you... this wouldn't have happened, you almost died today and it's all because of me. I'm so sorry." 

"...it's ok Kyoya, you didn't know this would happen, I forgive you." He sighed, 

"Thank you, i'll see you later, ok?" He left, it was now just me and Madeline, I sat beside her, and took her hand in mine, I still was in partial shock that Madeline almost actually died, 

"A-are you ok Ryuga?" She asked me, I nodded, 

"Yes... I am just so so happy you are safe."

EDITED