I should probably mention that the last time I played polo was in high school, that was two years ago. Now I know that might seem like a long time but to be honest with you, Polo has always been in my blood, so when that whistle blew, I immediately nudged my horse into action. My first instinct was to do my job and keep the other team from scoring. It's only when Anthony gave me a pointed look that I realised I was doing way too well.

"...and Prince Erling steals the ball right back from Demetri Wells, he passes to Morselow and-Miss King fails to defend her post and there we go! The Nowegian Bucks score!"

Disappointment washed over me as I watched the other team celebrate. Losing sucks especially when I know how much better I can do.

The game continued like this.

I might have been having trouble with losing but the others were doing a good job at letting Prince Erling pass by them with the ball without making it too obvious.

Anthony managed to snag the ball a couple of times but seemed to 'accidently' lose it to the other teams 'Number one' who stormed past me and hit the ball towards our goal.

I could tell that Anthony was quite good and the way he twitched sometimes, I knew he wanted as badly as I did to actually try to win.
I followed his instructions and 'missed' the ball on numerous occasions which as if wasn't bad enough, I also got a lot of criticism from the loud mouthed commentator who was very open with his words.

"..ohh... There goes Miss King screwing up again. Wow! The Dynasty team must have not thought it threw when they picked out their new teammate."

The people sitting to the right went wild as they cheered for their 'winning team.

I really was starting to get irritated by this whole ordeal. I felt like just riding away now instead of enduring this humiliation.

The looks on my teammate's faces told me that they felt the same way. It must have really been worse for them, this was only my first and last time doing this, they had done this before and would probably have to do it more times in the years to come. All for a stupid business deal.

I had hardly talked to Mr Callahan and didn't know him at all but from the things I saw him let his children do, I wasn't liking him one bit.

By the end of the first half, I was beyond irritable and it didn't get any better when Prince Erling rode up to me and gave me a sly smile.

"And this is why we don't let girls play, sweetheart." He spoke with a laugh before riding off to his teams refreshment centre.

I fought the urge to ride after him and hit him with my mallet.

Anthony rode up to me.

"Having murderous thoughts, Katie Kat?" He spoke as if reading my mind.

I continued glaring. "You have no idea."

"Come on, lets get you something to drink, there's nothing that curbs the thoughts of assassinating a member of the Norwegian royal family than the famous Dynasty hotel 'sparkling water'."

Anthony jumped off his horse and I followed suit. The attendants came by to take the horses away from us and the rest of our team walked over to our refreshments table which was on the opposite side.

We were met by Jason who had since taken off his navy blue blazer leaving him in a plain white t shirt and khaki pants.

He handed me a bottle of water. I was about to question his behaviour then I remembered that he was still supposed to be my boyfriend so I just accepted the bottle politely and took a sip from it.