The Last Bit Of The Story

A/N: BEHOLD! The last part in this book! *sniffles* The sequel shall be beginning hopefully today, but first, we have one last part. I know I am cutting it short a bit, but I have nothing left for this book! So you don't get confused, there is a MAJOR time skip in this part. Like, Rainkeeper and Pear were dragonets in the last part, well, now they're adults. Enjoy!

If you didn't read the little bit up there ^ READ IT BEFORE READING THE REST OF THIS PART!

Rainkeeper stood outside a rainforest hut, leaning over the railing. He was deep in his thoughts, pondering what to do. He and Joy had been out of JMA for years now. They were adults. He was an adult. Old enough to make his own decisions, and mature enough to understand them. But why was this choice so difficult? It was simple. Yes, or no? And yet either way was a huge decision. Most dragons got married at eighteen or nineteen, some even at fourteen. Rainkeeper was twenty, so age didn't matter. And yet.... He stared at the small pouch in his talons. Maybe he should get someone else's opinion about this. But that was another problem. Whenever Rainkeeper wanted a second opinion about something, he went to her. But this wasn't something he could ask her about. Not really. But....There was one other option...

Deathbringer stood outside a hut. Glory was having a meeting with Queen Thorn, and it seemed to him that she was always meeting with some other Queen or someone representing a Queen these days. 

Something was brewing in Pyrrhia, and it didn't sound good.

 Deathbringer glanced over as Rainkeeper landed near him. He'd been strangely quiet lately, not really talking to anyone. But Deathbringer thought he knew why. It was an understandable feeling. Maybe that's why he wasn't surprised at all when Rainkeeper wanted to talk.

They sat on a Rainwing platform, further away than all the others. 

"This is about Pear, isn't it?" Deathbringer questioned.

 "How'd you know?" Rainkeeper questioned. 

"I know the look," he replied with a grin. "So, do tell." Rainkeeper hesitated.

 "I....I want to ask her to marry me." he admitted. Deathbringer smiled. 

"I thought you might." he commented slyly.

 "But what if she says no?" Rainkeeper asked. "Or if she just laughs and doesn't take it seriously? Or what if she still thinks of me as more of a friend than-" Deathbringer stared as he listed dozens of potential problems, each of them growing more ridiculous than the last. 

"Rainkeeper," he began, cutting his son off. "None of those crazy things are going to happen. You love her, right?" 

"Of course!" 

"And she loves you?"

 "Yes,"

"Then what is the problem?" Deathbringer asked. Rainkeeper opened his mouth to speak, but then froze. 

"I've been completely overthinking this entire thing, haven't I?" 

 "Yes." Deathbringer confirmed. "Just like your mother." 

A few days later, Rainkeeper found himself walking in the forest with Pear. He kept glancing at her and smiling. She looked so peaceful, trailing her talons over the trees they passed, her blue eyes bright with happiness. He sighed slightly. She was perfect. 

"Hey Pear?" he began, noting that they were close to their favorite tree in the forest. It was their favorite because it had a closed area that was nothing but strong vines and branches under their talons and rainbow colored light shining through the thick leaves that closed it off from the rest of the forest. 

"Yes?" Pear replied, glancing at him with a shy smile. He grinned. Over sixteen years he had known her, and yet she was still a mystery to him. 

"I have to ask you something." he admitted.

 "What is it?," she asked curiously. 

"You'll have to catch me to find out!" he announced, running towards their tree. 

"Rainy!" she laughed, rushing after him. 

They climbed up the tree, laughing just like they did as dragonets, until they reached the closed area. Rainkeeper spun around, searching for her so he could run when she caught up. But then he was tackled to the ground. 

"Aha!" Pear yelled, resting triumphantly on top of him. Her talons were holding onto his shoulders, keeping him pinned to the ground. "Now, ask your question!" she declared, leaning over slightly so that their faces were barely inches apart. Rainkeeper laughed slightly. 

"Will you marry me?" he asked. Pear smiled from ear to ear and kissed him.

"Of course I will."