The Crown

Most of the tribes had jewels, so it was easy to figure out who was important, and who was not. But the Rainwings didn't have jewels; they had flowers. So, naturally, Queen Glory had a crown made out of flowers. She would never admit it, but she secretly loved it. It was perfectly woven and it had glory flowers on it. When she wasn't wearing it, she kept it on a table in her hut. Only one day, when she went to get it, it wasn't there. 

Glory frowned at the empty table. She remembered very clearly, having placed the crown on the table last night, right before she put Rainkeeper to bed. But now it was gone. So, she began to search the hut, and sure enough, she did find the crown- just not where it was supposed to be.

Deathbringer stood in front of the mirror, his smug grin from ear to ear as Glory walked in. She stared at him for a moment, and the look on her face was priceless.

He was wearing her crown. Deathbringer, was standing in front of the mirror, wearing a flower crown. What. The. Hell.

"Deathbringer," Glory said cautiously. He grinned at her. 

"Yes?" he replied. 

"Take off the crown."

"No way. I'm fabulous." Deathbringer boasted, completely serious. Glory walked over to him and raised her eyebrows. 

"Give me my crown, Deathbringer." 

"Fine. Here you go." he replied, taking off the crown and holding it high above his head so Glory couldn't reach it. 

"Deathbringer." she warned. He grinned again. 

"All you have to do is take it." he said innocently. Despite herself, Glory jumped and tried to reach it. It was no use, and the room was too small to fly in. 

"Give me. My. Crown. Now." she growled. Nothing. 

Glory stared at him and contemplated how to get it back. There was one thing she could think of, but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction. He stared right back at her, his smug grin derailing her thoughts. Damn that grin, she thought angrily. She sighed. There really was only one thing she could do.

Deathbringer watched as Glory cracked her knuckles and glared at him, ready for war.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." she proclaimed. She looked up at Deathbringer, grabbed him by the neck, and kissed him. As they kissed, Deathbringer set the flower crown on Glory's head. She broke away from him and glared at him. He smiled at her. 

"Now that wasn't so hard, now was it?" he asked. She punched him in the arm and walked away.

"Not so fabulous now, are you?" she questioned as she left. As she walked, Rainkeeper hung down from a branch in the ceiling and snatched the crown off her head. Glory stopped walking.

"DEATHBRINGER!"