Thoughts

It was hard to believe it, but the school year at JMA was almost over. In just a few short weeks, everyone would be heading back home. But Rainkeeper wasn't quite ready to leave yet. Especially since he wasn't sure if he'd be coming back next year. By the time next year rolled around, he'd be seven, the marking age of adulthood, but definitely not maturity. His parents had said that after they turned seven, it was up to them if they wanted to go back to JMA, and Rainkeeper wasn't sure that he wanted to. Sure, he loved the school, and he practically drooled just thinking of the Art cave, but he didn't really have any friends here besides Air and maybe Turtle. He missed Pear, and he was worried about her. No matter how many theories he thought of, or how many questions he asked, he still didn't know who was hurting her. It scared him in a way. The thought of someone hurting a dragon as sweet and innocent as Pear made him want to do things. Rainkeeper wasn't an angry person, he was known to stay calm and keep his head, but when he thought of someone hitting Pear, he almost felt....violent. He hated the feeling, but it kept running through his mind. He just kept thinking about it. No, he sighed as he realized that he was lying to himself. He wasn't thinking about that. He was thinking about Pear. She had this way of weaseling into his everyday thoughts. He knew why, but he feared actually saying it. Pear was his best friend. She wouldn't like him like that.....Would she? He had noticed last summer that she started looking at him a bit differently. She laughed more at his stupid jokes that he didn't even find funny. She stared at him more, blushed when he noticed. And he wasn't the only one. Tree-bud seemed to hate the way she looked at him. That sloth hated him, chucking apples at his head every day. But somehow, it was worth it.

Coal paced in an empty room, trying to work out the feelings he should NOT have. He wanted to scream. His life was supposed to get easier after he'd left his brothers behind, and yet, it was only more complicated. Firefly was one of his best friends- one if his only friends if he was being honest. She was just so smart and funny and she made even the most boring things sound interesting and she was just so prett- He nearly slapped himself. No. This, right here, was why he was pacing. She'd never like him back. He knew that. And she shouldn't. He was a street-rat, the traitorous younger brother of the second most powerful gang in Sandwing territory. He was a homeless lowlife that happened to be taken under the queen's wing, nothing more. He didn't deserve the roof over his head, let alone someone as amazing as Firefly. She was the smart daughter of one of the Dragonets of Destiny, or the 'Saviors of Pyrrhia' as some dragons called them.  She was smart and strong, not to mention pretty. She should be with a prince, not someone like him......And yet, he dared to hope that she might disagree.

Joy stared out at the sky, pondering. She wasn't sure what to do. She liked Kelp, that she knew, but she knew that she'd never be allowed to be with him. He knew it to, and yet they'd both just chosen to ignore it. But this wasn't something that could be ignored forever. That was killing her. She never knew when her last day with Kelp would be. She thought that she should push him away, but the world would get darker if she did. Kelp.....she sighed. Even when she tried to described him, there was only one sentence that came to mind. One sentence that she wasn't allowed to say, no matter how it felt to be curled up next to him at night, no matter how sweet it was to kiss him, no matter how his shy smile made her feel. That one sentence was forbidden, no matter how desperately she wanted to say it, regardless of how he felt. That one, three word sentence. I love you.