Joy? You Aren't Supposed To Be Here....

"Stop it!" Moon yelled. "Get off him!"  The group of dragonets was losing it as Deathbringer sat on top of Winter, pinning him to the ground.

 Most of them were attempting to get Deathbringer off of him. 

And then there was Joy, who was laughing her head off at the whole situation. 

"He's on our side!" Seashell insisted. "Or he was before you attacked him for no reason! Now he'll never like us again!" 

"I wasn't going to anyway!" Winter shouted. "I didn't like you before either! I don't like any of you! And I'm going to MURDER this Nightwing!" Joy barked out a laugh. 

"Please try that!" she exclaimed. "Seriously! Winter, I would love to watch you try to kill him. Do you know how entertaining that would be?"

 "Wow Winter, tell us how you really feel." Kelp added sarcastically. Joy shot him a grin. 

"I don't know," Deathbringer remarked. "He sounds kind murderey, and we heard there's an extra dangerous Icewing on the loose right now, so I'm just gonna keep sitting on him til I get further instructions." Joy let out a long suffering sigh and pushed her way to the front of the group. 

"I'm instructing you," she offered. "He's not the dangerous one. That's his sister." 

"Joy?" Deathbringer said in shock. Winter frowned at the change in his voice. "What are you doing here?" he demanded. 

"Uh..." Joy mumbled. 

"DEATHBRINGER!" a new voice yelled. 

"Crap." Joy muttered, diving towards the safety of the group as Queen Glory came into view. "What are you doing?" Without a second thought, Deathbringer flashed her a smug grin. 

"Saving you, protecting the forest, defending our home, being dashingly handsome, sitting on a very cold Icewing." he replied. "You know, the usual." 

"All right. OFF!" Glory said firmly, grabbing him by the arm. "I am going to replace you as my bodyguard if you seriously can't tell the difference between a male Icewing traveling with seven other dragonets and a lone female Icewing out to kill me. And we both know what happened the last time I had you replaced, don't we?" Deathbringer gulped and Joy smothered a laugh, but not good enough. Glory turned and saw her. She stared at her dragonet for a moment. "Later." she warned, her voice emotionless. That one word wiped the grin straight off Joy's face. She could be scary sometimes.

"Sunny told me some of the details, but I'm sure you all have your own side to fill me in on?" Glory asked as they walked through the forest. 

"I can fill you in," Joy insisted, hoping to get back on her mother's good side. "Winter's sister Icicle has been conspiring with Queen Scarlet in order to get their brother Hailstorm, who everyone believed to be dead, back. So, Icicle tried to kill Starflight to get him back, but Moon, Qibli, and Nightflyer heroically stopped her and I missed everything. But then Icicle ran off so we figure she's coming here to kill you to make up for her failure, so we came to help stop her again and also to interrogate her so we can go find Hailstorm ourselves. Also, Hello, good to see you, How are things?" Glory gave her a look that clearly said that Joy was far from off the hook. 

"You're in as much trouble as Deathbringer, if not more. What were you thinking leaving school without permission? Do you know how worried Sunny and Clay have been?" Glory snapped. 

"Um," Air said nervously. "How...how worried are they, exactly?" Glory glanced at the dragonet and raised her eyebrows. Air's eyes widened in fear. She was soooooo dead. Joy backed up to the end of the group, hoping to pick up her head soon. Deathbringer nudged her with his wing and gave her a small smile.

 "Well, I'm happy to see you." he insisted. Joy smiled back at him. 

"Now," Glory continued when they had reached her pavilion. "We all know each other, but let's meet anyways. I am Queen Glory and my overenthusiastic bodyguard over there is Deathbringer." The Nightwing gave them a small wave and Winter frowned. There was something oddly familiar about the way Deathbringer was standing. It was very soldier-like, with a straight back and his talons behind him, but yet it was different, less frozen. Where had he seen it before? Winter glanced quickly at his Winglet and found it. It was Joy. She was standing the same exact way as Deathbringer. Hang on....Everyone had known Joy's name and had recognized her, especially the Queen and her bodyguard. Joy had mentioned that she was a Rainwing-Nightwing hybrid, but she never said who her parents were....Could it be? No. Winter was positive. There was no way that any queen, even the queen of the Rainwings, would do something as undignified as to have a dragonet with her bodyguard. Right? Still....it made him wonder what exactly Joy was hiding.

A/N: When did this story get 1k reads? OH MY MOONS!!! WE HAVE OVER 1k READS!!! Thanks you readers!!! I love hearing your comments and how much you love Joy, Air, and all the others! If you ever have a question about anything going on in the story, let me know! If you have a theory, Id be happy to tell you if you're on to something! I have already gotten a speculation about Pear and there is something she's hiding but you have to figure it out before I tell you....