Greetings And Meetings

A/N: Skipping again cause I don't know what else to write. Also, there's not very any parts left in this book! *single tear* Soon! Very soon! I shall complete this book, and then I shall write a sequel! Why? you may ask. Well, the sequel will be about Joy, Rainkeeper, and all that group, as adults, when they have their own families and their own dragonets. But before any of that happens, we've got at least one more year at JMA! :)

It was the beginning of another year at Jade Mountain Academy. Joy and her friends were in their usual place, talking among themselves. Firefly and Squelch ran around, searching for Coal, who was supposedly already here. Rainkeeper watched this and other greetings from the entrance. He grinned softly. He was glad that he'd chosen to come back for one last year at school. Pear seemed a bit disappointed, but he felt that it was important to come back. Something just told him he should be hear, but he wasn't sure why. 

Squelch ran around the school, looking for Coal. He was too busy searching for the Sandwing that he failed to notice other dragons until it was too late. Squelch crashed into another dragonet, sending them both flying to the ground with shouts. 

"I am so sorry," Squelch apologized as the other dragonet picked up a welcome scroll. 

"It's alright." she insisted. Squelch stared at the dragonet. She was a Mudwing with chocolaty scales and honey brown eyes. She stared back, confused and intrigued by his odd blue eyes. 

"I'm Squelch," he offered, holding out a talon. 

"Adobe." she replied, shaking his talon. 

"Is it your first year here?" he asked.  Adobe nodded. 

"I was supposed to go last year, but plans changed." she explained. "Is it your first year too?" He shook his head. 

"No, it's my second." he admitted. They stood there awkwardly for a moment. 

"Well, uh, nice meeting you, Squelch." she said with an uncertain smile. He grinned back. 

"Yea, you too." he responded. They both wandered away, unsure of what had just happened.

Firefly circled back to the school's entrance and her eyes landed on a familiar scarred Sandwing. 

"Coal!" she yelled, racing over to hug the Sandwing. Coal winced as she barreled into him, but hugged her back.  She laughed with excitement and pulled away, her grin fading as she got a better look at him. He looked terrible. One of his eyes was black and swollen, his face, neck, and chest covered in scratches, some of them still bleeding. "Coal..." she whispered. "What happened?" 

"It's nothing." he said quickly. Her talons traced one of the scratches on his face. "Really. It's fine." he added sharply, pulling away from her touch. He didn't want her to know, he didn't want her to worry. It was his fault anyways. He shouldn't have gone back to the Scorpion Den. He should never have gotten anywhere near there. He should've known they'd be on him in a second, now that they had Vulture's gang on their side. Fennec and Prickle were not wise dragons to betray. They'd torture you before you died, even if you were their own kid brother. It was only pure luck that got him out alive. Firefly looked concerned, but she could see that he didn't want to talk about it. And she wasn't the kind of dragon to force him.

Joy walked happily down the hallway, excited for another year. Sure, she had a record in the school for being one of the dragonets that disaster followed around like a loyal puppy, but she loved the adventure- as long as it didn't include Pineapple, imprisonment, or Kelp getting hurt. But at least one of those was guaranteed with every adventure they went on. She was looking forward to this year, a smile on her face......until a slimy voice sounded. 

"Hello Joy." Macaw said with a wink. Joy narrowed her eyes, her guard way up. They were six now, nearly seven, nearly adults. That fact seemed to mean something to Macaw that made Joy more wary of him. He got closer when he flirted. He was more.....grabby. And now was no exception. He slid up next to her, a sultry look on his face. "Shall we forget the sarcastic comebacks and have some fun this year?" he questioned. A sarcastically sweet face masked Joy's true expression. 

"Why, of course Macaw." she said innocently. "In fact, I even have a poem for you." Macaw grinned and Joy swore she heard his head growing larger. 

"Do tell," he pleaded.

 "Roses are red, Violets are blue, sugar is sweet, so are you!" she recited. 

"Awwww," Macaw remarked. Joy's face suddenly contorted in horror.

 "The roses are wilting, the violets are dead! The sugar bowl's empty, just like your head." she added, walking away from him. 

Nightflyer walked down the hall, content with life. Everything was just the way it should be. There were no terrifying visions, Air and him were happy- he hadn't seen her take off that necklace yet-, his friends were normal, everything was great. Someone stepped out of a cave down the hall and paused at the sight of him. 

"Hello!" she said enthusiastically, eyeing him. 

"Hi." Nightflyer greeted her, still walking. She ran in front of him and shoved her arms out, stopping him. Her talons lingered far too long on him for his liking.

 "I'm Faithbringer." she said in a seductive voice. He blinked. She was a Nightwing, around his age, and gorgeous to everyone that saw her. But Nightflyer disagreed. He already thought she was ugly, inside and out.

 "I'm Nightflyer." he replied, walking past her. 

"Nightflyer," she called after him. "I'm not done with you and that hot bod yet!" He shuddered at the thought and began to look for Air.  He sighed. Of course. Of course, when everything was going great, life had to throw a rock at him.