The Fight

"Bring me Pyrite." Queen Scarlet's words echoed in Moon's head as she, Winter, and Qibli raced back to the others, praying to get there before the mysterious Nightwing did. 

"GUYS!" Qibli shouted as they landed. The others jolted awake and jumped to their feet, but before they could ask, a huge Nightwing landed in the clearing. He glanced around at all of them and his eyes narrowed as they landed on Joy. He rushed at her, and Joy's eyes widened. It all happened so fast that there was no time for anyone to be prepared. The Nigtwing's talons clenched into a fist and he swung at her.

 "JOY!" Kelp yelled, shoving her out of the way at the last second, throwing himself in the way. Kelp was thrown back and hit a tree with a loud crack. Seashell and Joy screamed, one in fear, the other in rage. 

Seashell rushed over and collapsed by her brother as Joy lunged at the Nightwing and breathed fire in his face. The Nightwing let out a roar and stumbled back towards Winter, who in return breathed frost-breath at the Nightwing's face. He roared again and his mouth opened, ready to burn. Air jumped in front of the group and spread her wings, shielding Nightflyer, Moon, Qibli, Winter, and Joy from the flames. Barely able to see, the Nightwing rubbed at his eyes. But instead of seeing a pile of burning dragons, he saw an odd looking Skywing lunging at him. As Air fought with the Nightwing, Winter rushed over and tackled Pyrite to the ground. She yelped.

The Nightwing punched at Air, causing her to spin around, leaving her back exposed. He scratched at her back and Air screamed as talons dug into her wings and her back. She collapsed to the ground and he pursued her, intent on finishing this fight. But he never got the chance. Nightflyer leapt onto his back and dug at the Nightwing's eyes, forcing him to stumble back, away from Air. The Nightwing yelled and clawed at Nightflyer as they spun around. He pulled the dragonet off of him and tossed him to the ground before taking off to the sky. Moon couldn't help but feel slightly satisfied as she watched him wobble and fly crookedly into the distance. 

Joy immediately ran over and knelt by Kelp. Seashell was crying as he lay there unconscious. Nightflyer picked himself up and bolted over to Air, who was curled up in pain on the ground. He examined the cut along her back and wings. There was a long, bleeding scratch running diagonally from the top of one wing to the bottom of the other. It but didn't look too deep, which hopefully meant that her wing most likely wasn't permanently damaged, but Nightflyer wasn't sure. 

"Are you alright?" he asked. She glanced up at him, trying to hide the pain in her eyes. She noted the long gash on one side of his face. It ran from his temple to the corner of his jaw. 

"Nightflyer," she whispered. "You're bleeding."

 "That doesn't matter," he insisted, brushing it off. Suddenly, there were screams from Winter and Qibli. The others glanced over. Winter held Pyrite's necklace in his talon and Pyrite.....wasn't Pyrite anymore. Instead, they were staring at an Icewing. Winter stared in shock.

 "Hailstorm?" he whispered in disbelief. 

A/N: Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I know this was short, sorry! Heads up, On the 9th I am leaving for a camp so I won't be able to update for 2 weeks :'( I will be back right before Book 10, though and I will try to update on the 24th. It might be late though, cause I'm staying up til midnight to get Book 10 on my kindle ASAP.....Oh well. I will try to update again before I leave though!