Mottos and Macaw

"Has anyone else realized that we've gone rampaging around the continent and been attacked multiple times with each other, but we really know nothing about one another?" Qibli asked. He, Air, Seashell, Kelp, Joy, Nightflyer, Moon, and Winter were sitting absentmindedly in an empty classroom, snacking on a bunch of grapes. 

"Well what do you want to know?" Joy questioned. "At this point I'm pretty much an open book." They all thought for a moment. 

"What's your motto?" Moon asked the group. 

"Our what?" Seashell said in confusion. 

"Your motto. A a short sentence or phrase chosen as encapsulating the beliefs or ideals guiding an individual, family, or institution." Nightflyer recited. 

"You know, you're usually a normal dragon, and then you say things like that." Air commented. 

"I don't really have a motto, but I have something I go by." Joy replied. 

"What is it?" Kelp asked. 

"Whenever something unexpected happens in your life, just yell PLOT TWIST and then move on." she explained, popping a grape into her mouth. 

"I've got one." Air said shyly. The others waited expectantly. "Be soft, kind, and loving. But also take nobody's shit." 

"OkAy then!" Qibli said in surprise. Joy applauded. 

"WAIT!" she yelled suddenly. "I'VE GOT WINTER'S!" 

"Oh no." Winter mumbled. 

"Trust me," Joy insisted. "You'll like this. 'The nicer you are, the easier you're hurt. So just be an asshole.'" The other burst out laughing as Winter sat there in stony silence. 

"I think I have one," Seashell said unsurely.

 "Let's hear it." Moon urged.

 "Cute on the outside, but freaky on the inside." Seashell proclaimed. 

"I like that one."

Later....

Moon, Air, and Joy were in the library when another dragon in the room let out a gasp.

 "Princess Joy!" an annoying voice rang out as a green rainwing came bounding over. Joy bit back a grimace. 

"Hello Macaw." she said, her voice suggesting that the very idea of this dragon was enough to cause her physical pain.

 "I knew we would meet again. After all, this is only the beginning of our ravishing relationship." he replied, waggling his eyebrows. Air turned away from them, her mouth wide with silent laughter. Moon covered her mouth to smother her laughs. Joy gritted her teeth. 

"Really?" she asked, her voice strained. 

"Of course." Macaw got a rather odd look on his face, eyeing Joy up and down, his eyes lingering in unsettling places. "Say, Joy? Do you have two tongues in your mouth?" he asked. 

"What? No." Joy retorted, her face looking confused and slightly disgusted. Macaw leaned in slightly. 

"Would you like to?" he asked. Air was on the floor, bent over a chair, she was laughing so hard. Without missing a beat, Joy pulled a scroll from the rack and glanced at it, checking the title. 

"Hey Macaw?" she questioned, not looking up from the scroll. "Do you have a scroll up your ass?" 

"No," he replied with a frown. She glanced up at him and waved the scroll in her talons. 

"Would you like to?"