Chapter 34: Sherlyn

May 26th, 2017

It's a day before Zach's birthday and I'm back home in Hawaii with Greyson, Logan, Brendan, Ayla, Ayla's boyfriend, Devyn, Colin, Mark, and the Why Don't We Boys. Logan paid for a villa for us to stay in. We were all doing separate things. Ayla and I were exercising, Devyn was tanning, and all the boys played in the pool. Greyson and I have been doing great. Zach and I actually became best friends so all was calm in the villa. Well, not all calm. Logan was still crazy.

"Okay we're done for the day," Ayla stopped me. I sighed and nodded.

"Good!" I hear someone yell.

Someone picked me up and saw it was Greyson. He threw me in the pool without remorse. I couldn't swim! He threw me in the deep end and next thing you know I was trying to swim for my life. I couldn't hold my breath for long so as soon as I saw someone jump in. I couldn't go back up for air. It was just... black.

~At The Hospital~

The sound of beeping and whispers were all around me. Where was I? Light footsteps and sighs. A man talking to someone outside the room. My eyes couldn't open up like I wasn't strong enough. Instead, I was peering over myself like a ghost. I heard someone come inside. Probably a nurse. They took out their stethoscope to check my heartbeat. They took my vitals and left the room quietly.

"I'll give you all a moment," A man says.

He walked out and left us whoever came in, in the room.

"Sherlyn-"

Oh my gosh that sounds like LOGAN FREAKING PAUL! He knows my name!

"Sherlyn, listen to Logan okay?" Ayla seriously instructed me.

I stopped fangirling and calmed down to listen to whatever he had to say. Someone came inside and laid down things. Suddenly someone grabbed my hand. A tear fell on my hand. Logan was crying because of me?

"Sherlyn, when you wake up, you might have retrograde amnesia. Everyone in this room is your friends, you're like a little sister to me," He explained. "Ayla is like your sister and she is always helping you when you're stressed. Brendan is like your big brother too because you got close when he helped shoot your music video," He continued.

I'm so lost, a music video for what?

"You're a big time singer now," Ayla told me. "You won BBMA for Top New Artist this year,"

I was honestly shocked for my life. Why can't remember this? Why was Greyson here? Why were these five random dudes here in the room with me? I get that Logan said that everyone in this room are like family but I don't get it!

That's amazing, I don't understand some things though. How for sure is my amnesia? Where are my parents? How did I get here?

My breath increasing and my head hurt so bad. I felt my heart palpitating. What was happening? My heart rate monitor beeped out of control. Before I knew, I just heard a voice.

"Sherlyn, breath with me okay? In... out... in... and out..." The person said as he held my other hand.

A tear fell on the hand he held. Was he crying because of me? Did I cause someone's sadness? Before I could quietly ask him more questions, someone came in (most likely the nurse) and checked my vitals once more. Once she was done, she suggested that everyone should go in groups of 2. So they did.

"You okay Bubba?" Logan asked.

I wanted to scream and ask him everything. But I was too weak, I couldn't talk or open my eyes. I screamed at myself to wake up but it didn't work.

How did I get here Logan?

"You might be wondering why you're in the ICU right now. Well Greyson, your so-called best friend, threw you in the pool. He forgot that you were unable to swim so instead Zach got you out and started CPR. Now we're here," He explained.

"Zach is the boy who helped you breathe and calm down," Alya mentioned.

I can't wait to meet him when I wake up. I bet he's a nice guy.

"There are five guys that are actually like your brothers. Jonah, Daniel, Corbyn, Jack, and Zach. You're actually closest with Daniel, Jack, and Zach. Although you have your days with Jonah and Corbyn," Alya semi-introduced.

"Let's go let the other boys in," Logan said with a sniffle.

They left the room and in came another group of two. Their sniffles filled the room as one of them comforted the other one with words of encouragement.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" One cried.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you guys worried.

"No it's okay, I'm Daniel the one on your left and that's Jack the one on the right, by the way. We used to be your best friends," The boy on my left said sadly but loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah we used to bring you so much chocolate when you were on your period and there were numerous times you made Daniel or Zach or me go to the store to get pads and your favorite drink from the diner near your building," Jack reminded me or reminisced about an old memory.

"We didn't come here to share our happy memories with you while we wallow in sadness," Daniel clarified. "We just can't wait for, if and when you get your memory back,"

"We really love you Sherls. I can't even explain how much the rest of us love you," He expressed. "Just try your best to pull through,"

After a couple more people, one person entered the room. They pulled up a chair next to me and softly sobbed.

"Please wake up princess, I need you," He begged. "You're my best friend and we need to spend my birthday tomorrow together,"

I'm sorry someone threw me in the pool. I wish I didn't have to ruin your birthday like this.

"I don't want anything for my birthday this year, I just want you to wake up. Please, wake up," He cried.

He continued to cry and I just felt guilty. Someone walked in and dragged him away. I don't even know his name. If I could easily just wake up right now and call him back in. But I'm too weak. I can't.

Come on Sherlyn! Wake up!!