Where I Belong.

Hey y'all...💗

(Jay's POV @ 6:26 p.m)

As I sat in my seat in the doctor's office, "Drunk" by Zayn started blaring through my headphones.

I closed my eyes as the lyrics became embedded in my brain.

"Right now I can't see straight... intoxicated it's true, when I'm with you...
I'm buzzing and I feel laced
I'm coming from a different phase when I'm with you..."

I heard Zayn's voice sing to me as I took a deep breath.

I was afraid to catch feelings for Chris in the beginning. But, the more time we spend with each other, the more drunk I get. This is only in a metaphorical sense since I don't drink.

When I'm with Chris, I feel like my problems and issues go away... almost like I'm on cloud nine. When I'm with him, everything seems different. I now understand what Zayn means when he discusses intoxication. I've never had the feeling of being sprung on somebody like the way I am with Chris.

My phone vibrated in my hand as I looked down at the screen.

Chris❤️💍: come home babe, I got some things ready for you

I couldn't help, but to blush at the text. That's my boo thang.

Who knew that I was gonna move in with this man? I barely thought that I was gonna win the contest to spend a week with him. Then, boom, here I am.

After I cleared all of my things out of my dorm, and loaded my bins into my car, Trevor and I had a long talk. It left the both of us on edge a little bit. He didn't even realize his faults until I made them clear.

"So, you're breaking up with me?" He asked with irritation in his voice. I didn't say a word.

"What did I do wrong Jay?" He asked me as I looked at him.

"I didn't even do anything..." He mumbled to himself as I prepared to fire back.

"Exactly Trevor! You finally got it! You didn't do anything and you never do! You did not fulfill my needs and you were not there for me when I needed you Trev. Of course I want you to show me off when we're in public and put me all over your social media page for the world to see it. But, what about when we get behind closed doors? At home is where I need you the most and it's like you turn a deaf ear to me. I'm done tolerating it Trevor." I said as he looked at me while shaking his head.

"I don't wanna let you go." He said...

"That's how you acted back in Chicago... you acted like you didn't wanna lose me. You acted like I mattered. You cared more Trevor. You were always genuine and you actually showed me love. It was almost like I was the only priority in your life. Then, we move to California and niggas wanna start acting up. It's ridiculous... I felt like I was losing my best friend... where did I go wrong? Did I do something to you for you to up and lose interest?" I asked as he stared at the sky.

Then, he paid his attention to me.

"You didn't do anything Jay... you're wifey material in all honesty. I can't even take that away from you. But, I guess I got distracted when we got out here. I didn't think that I would end up losing you in the mix."