Saturday Morning Pt. 2

(Jay's POV)

"So, can you explain to me again exactly what you're trying to do?" Red asked as we walked into Michael's. It's one of my favorite arts and crafts stores. You could tell Red has never been in this type of place.

"I wanna do something for Chris to show my appreciation for everything ya know? I'm still trying to figure out what though. I wanna come up with something creative... help me Red and get off of your phone." I said smacking his arm as he winched out in pain.

"Nigga I don't knowwwwwww. Ok ok... how much have you appreciated this time here with CB?" He asked as he put his phone in his pocket.

"I can type a whole essay on that..."

"Alright well then never mind... you should do something small, but with a big meaning."

"Ooooooo I got the perfect idea!! Find me some markers and some glitter then umma go find some stickers."

"Nigga Chris don't want no glitter on nothin. That's a grown man." Red said scrunching his nose up at me.

"Nigga did I ask you what Chris liked? Or did I ask you to get me some glitter and some markers? I'm doing things my way cause I'm showing my gratitude, so if I wanna use glitter to decorate somethin, I'm gonna use the freakin glitter and Chris is gonna deal with it."  I said as Red put me in a headlock in the middle of the store.

"Who you talkin to blood?" Red asked me as he chuckled loudly.

"First off we both from the hood so don't underestimate me nigga." I said elbowing him where the sun doesn't shine. He winced out in pain and he let me go from the head lock. He basically tried to kill me. As I made sure I could breathe properly, I jumped on his back.

We were basically wrestling in one of the aisles at this point.

"No wonder people from team breezy call you period head! Cause you're always being a pain that won't go away." I said as he tried to flip me onto the floor.

"You wanna call me a pain? That's why yo head shaped like a peanut and I hope Chris destroys your guts. Teach you a lesson, so you can stop taking real niggas as a joke. Yo lil tiny self can't handle us" He said as we both erupted in laughter.

I put him in a headlock this time and we were now on the floor.

"Next time get me the stuff I ask for and don't ask questions! And for your information, I can handle anything... 5'4 ain't that tiny!" I semi-yelled.

"Aw really? Well I'm bouta beat yo tiny brick head a-----" Red was saying before he was cut off as a lady and a security guard made their way to our aisle.

"Man all I wanted was some glitter, stickers, and some markers." I said as I let him go from the head lock.

They probably bouta kick us out this store. If I knew this was gone happen, I could've jumped off the shelf and body slammed him. Turned this into a little WWE match. Well, maybe next time.

(Chris' POV)

I planned to come in here and write one song, but of course that turned into a couple. I recorded three already. I gotta hurry and get back to the house though. Prince and a couple of others are already there decorating and setting up. Nicki, Sean, Spice, Woody, Brandy, and some others that Jay hasn't even met yet wanted to help set up. I also have a representative from the University of Southern California and UCLA coming, so she can talk to them.

I wanna see which one she'd be interested in.

Red is in charge of keeping her away from the house until I let him know that it's ready. He texted me and let me know that he was gonna distract her from things to stay away longer. He's always great with distractions though, so I ain't worried.

"Imma call this one My World." I said aloud while typing the name of my first song it into my laptop.

Then, I wrote the song that came from my dream and I named it "Last Time Together". Unfortunately, I think this song will be emotional for both me and her. So, I'm gonna wait till tomorrow for her to hear it, so she won't cry in front of everybody.

On the bright side, I got a bunch of surprises here and I got a huge surprise back in Chicago for her. I gotta hurry up and get back to the house.

(35 minutes later)

"Yeah I think she'd be really interested in both of your universities. She loves it out here and her grades are amazing. Her weighted GPA is actually a 4.2 and her unweighted is like a 3.6 or 7. I have to let her tell you guys." I said speaking to the representatives by the pool area.

"She sounds like an excellent match for USC in my opinion." Rome, officer of admissions from University of Southern California, said with a genuine smile.

"Oh Rome p-lease... she would do even better at UCLA and she would fall in love with our campus." Sheri, the Dean at UCLA, said... it sounded like this was gonna be a competition. But, as long as she's here I'm fine with it.

"Chris do you know what she wanted to major in?" Rome asked as I started to think.

"She wants to be a DPT (Doctor in Physical Therapy) so any courses with Biology, Anatomy, or Physiology would be fine."

I like how she wants to go in the medical field. Ever since Jay and I started watching Grey's Anatomy, Doctors have become complete turn ons for me.

"Well UCLA presents an excellent medical program." Sheri said as Rome cut her off.

"Sure you guys do, but your school doesn't specialize in that type of program. But, USC's medical program is much more efficient. We've got high ratings on it." Rome said dapping me as we both chuckled.

"I'll be back later... when Jay gets settled." I said getting up and shaking my head. Yeah, they want an amazing student, but they also want my money. Out of state tuition ain't free. I ain't stupid, but I know that Jay would be worth it in the long run. She would definitely stay in school because she's passionate about her future. So, if it means me paying some thousands to send her off to school, I absolutely don't mind at all.

"Chrissss! Where's my little sister?" Nicki came over with Brandy trailing right behind her.

"She can't be here yet Nick... we ain't even finished." I said chuckling lightly as Prince ran over.

"Chris this my son now." Brandy said wrapping her arm around Prince's shoulder.

"Yeah I can tell that Prince is happy about that. He said he and Jay always wanted to meet you, but he basically beat her to the punch." I said as the three of them laughed.

"It's all good cause Jay gone get her turn. I just gotta call my ex-mom and tell her that it's over. I've just been adopted." Prince said as Brandy smacked him upside his head.

"So, who else is supposed to be coming?" Nicki asked as I took a seat on the grass.

"French supposed to drop by... Big bro Ush... August...Trey... Quavo n nem may come by, then I think Wayne coming too. If Wayne come I know he gone bring Twist."

Lowkey, I'm not bothered by Twist. That was my Lil homie in the first place. He can have fun with Jay today cause I want her to enjoy herself. Just know that the party will be ending early, so I can have quality alone time with my princess. We probably are gonna be out till the wee hours of the morning. But, I'd rather stay up all night and talk to her than sleep.

I can't believe this whole week passed by so fast. It was just yesterday that I walked down the stairs to give her a hug. I'll never forget the face she gave me showing how nervous she was. Now, look at her. It feels like I've known Jay for ages. I really gotta make her last day count.

We are gonna go out with a bang.

----------------------

Comments? Feedback? Thoughts?💭

I really hope that you're enjoying the book! ☺️

Thanks for reading! 💙