Chapter 2

"Jay!" I heard my mom call my name as my eyes peered open. Rays of sun were shining in my room so I buried myself deep under the covers.

"Jay Jay! Time to get up!" I heard her yell again. I really did not want to go. I am so not a morning person.

I heard my door crack open.

"Jay I'm going downstairs and I'm not coming back up here to wake you and your brother up so he can take you to school. So, I suggest you move now before you are late." She said closing the door back.

"Hughhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" I yelled out a loud groan and stretched. I got out the bed and grabbed my towel and hygiene stuff. I grabbed my phone and walked out the room down the hallway.

As I walked in the bathroom, I heard my brother's door open.

"Wait no no! Let me piss first." He said as I was about to close the door.

"No go piss in the bathroom downstairs... Cause you gone try and kick me outta here so you can come in. You ain't slick Tae. Now move !" I said pushing him out and closing the door.

"Maaaa!! Jay up here hogging the bathroom!" He yelled from outside the door.

"Snitch" I mumbled under my breath as I turned on "She Goin Up" from the Fan of A Fan Album by Chris & Tyga. As the song played, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and hopped in the shower.

After about 10 minutes, I was back in my room putting on my clothes. I decided to wear a high waisted black skirt and a white crop top with a short sleeved blue jean button up shirt. I sprayed myself with Victoria Secret's Love Spell and put my high top Air Force Ones on. I brushed my hair up into a big high bun and walked out of my room.

I came down the stairs with my phone in my hand and my family sitting in the kitchen.

"Morning everybody...." I said grabbing a pop tart out of the cabinet.

"Good morning" my grandma and mom said.

"Breaking News, a 6-year old was shot and killed on the Southside last night. Witnesses say that the little boy was riding his bike around midnight when he was struck with fatal shots." The news said from the Tv. This is exactly why I need a break from this place.

"That is so horrible." I said shaking my head.

"Chil' things are getting so bad here. Tae make sure you be careful na'." My grandma said.

"I will gramma. I will."

"Jay your father called this morning." My mom said as a grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oh.... Let's go Tae... Or I'm gonna be late." I said giving my grandma a hug and picking up my book bag from off the floor.

"Alright I'm coming." Tae said grabbing his stuff.

"Bye mommy I love you... Let me know if one of those students get on your nerves." I said stuffing my keys in my pocket.

"I love you too sweet heart and I will." She said grabbing her papers from off the table. If you haven't noticed by now, my mom is a teacher.

My dad never feels the need to visit me or Tae... But he feels the need to call. That doesn't make sense to me. If you don't wanna come see us, then what's your point of reaching out?

Tae knocked me outta my thoughts by telling me to come to the car. I grabbed all my stuff and picked up my gold watch off the table. I walked to his grey Pontiac Grand Prix and got in the car. When I closed the door and buckled up, he drove off.