Monday Night.

(Jay's POV)

"Chris I promise you don't have to come in. Just stay in the car. I don't want people getting the wrong idea." I said as my mom walked in the building.

"I'm not leaving y'all... I told you I was gonna be there for you every step of the way. Just let me do that." Chris said putting on some shades and his hood on over his head.

I was so irritated at this point. My blood was boiling. Red stayed back at the house to keep grandma some company.

I limped towards the door, but Chris assisted me. Once he opened the door, all I heard were beeps from metal detectors and police officers everywhere. I felt a cold draft and I closed my eyes. I don't like this at all. Chris noticed my demeanor and he grabbed my hand and led me to where my mom was.

This whole situation had me on the verge of tears.

(24 minutes later)

We stared at each other after we both picked up the phone. A tear rolled down my cheek as I shook my head.

"I'm sorry..." He said as I looked up at him.

"Tae.... why?"

"You know why... he could've killed you J---" He said as I quickly cut him off.

"But, he didn't Tae! I'm still here! You threw your life away because you wanted to be vindictive!? That's whack! Did you not know what type of backlash you would receive from killing him Tae?" I asked as he looked at me.

"You're my sister Jay! He couldn't get away with it! That's dead!"

"You wanna know what else is dead Tae? Huh? Your scholarship is dead! Your dream of becoming a lawyer is dead! You seeing the light of day again is dead! You wanna know who's not dead? Me! I know that you were hurt Tae, but you screwed up! You should've never been with Vic in the first place. Jon Jon and I warned you countless times! Mom even cried to you about you being dragged into the street life! But, you were being selfish! You wanted revenge for yourself not thinking about grandma or mom. They are burdened because of you." I semi-yelled to him.

He had tears running down his face too. This was my brother man.

"I'm sorry for going off, but I don't wanna lose you g... you're my big bro... you're supposed to be going off to college this year making me proud. You're not supposed to be inside of here." I said as tears rolled down my cheek.

He put his hand up to the glass and I matched my hand with it.

"I'm sorry I let y'all down sis... I told you that I'll always protect my own." He said sniffling.

Chris came to the window and he looked at my brother with a half smile.

"Wassup man?" Chris asked.

"Man you see me don't you? I really don't wanna be here." Tae said as I shook my head.

"I've been there before man... you gotta hold your own and be strong. You already know you got support out here." Chris said as my brother gave him a half smile.

"Make sure she's straight... can you watch out for her? I know you're gonna be busy in the industry and what not when you leave, but can you check on her? Just make sure my sister is taken care of." My brother said as Chris smiled at him.

"They forgot to tell you that I'm paying for her to go to the University of Southern California, and I just got her a car. I got her back no matter what." Chris said looking down at me as I wiped my tears.

I was happy to see two important males in my life on the same page.

"Thanks Chris... that means a lot." My brother said smiling at him then back at me.