Sunday Morning Pt. 2

(Doctor Riley's POV)

"This can't be right... I won't let her go like this." I said as I restarted the defibrillator.

"Doctor Riley she's gone." One of the interns said as I held up my index finger to them.

"No! We spent all this time working on her and her family is outside. I won't let her go like this. She's 17 and she has her whole life ahead of her. Now, give me some help here, or you will be repeating another year as an intern are we clear?" I asked as they gathered around the table to help me.

"Charge me up!! 1... 2... 3... Clear!" I yelled out and I pressed them to her chest as her body jerked upward.

"Again! Charge me up..." I said rubbing the two paddles together.

I repeated the same thing and her body jerked upward again.

"Doctor Riley just let her go!" One of the interns said as I was preparing to go off.

"One more word and you're out Micheal! As a matter of fact get out! Now, you won't be seeing the inside of an O.R until I say so!" I yelled as he stormed out the room.

"Anybody else wanna say anything!? Or tell me how to do my job?" I asked as the whole room was quiet.

"Alright then... charge me up again." I said rubbing the paddles together.

"1... 2... 3... clear!!" I said loudly as I pressed them her chest... the minute her body jerked upward, the monitor started beeping again.

"Oh snap!" One of the interns said as everybody started scrambling.

"We got a pulse!! Page Doctor Reed and Doctor James! Come on Jay... stay with me... I knew you were strong." I yelled out and then my voice got calmer as I talked to her.

I rubbed her hair as they placed a breathing mask on her face.

"Sometimes you gotta keep trying... giving up is the worst thing you can do as a doctor. You'll have to learn that if you guys wanna work under me in my wing of the hospital." I said to the group of interns as they looked at me.

"What's going on!? She's back!?" Doctor James asked loudly as she ran in with Reed.

"Yes she's breathing... we can finish operating. We have to sew her back up. Did you see the family?" I asked as Doctor Reed bit his bottom lip.

"We just told them that she didn't make it..." He said while scratching the back of his head.

"One of you all go out there now! Let two of them come to the window. Never mind, Reed and James can you all finish on her while I talk to the family?" I asked as I grabbed her hand and smiled. Her heart beat was steady and her breathing was normal.

I let go and I walked into the hallway as they put on their surgery equipment. I can't wait to tell the family that she's okay.

(Chris' POV)

I'm at the point where I can't even cry anymore. I feel nothing... emptiness.... we were just waiting for them to let us see her.

I paid for her to go to college and I just got her a new car. She spent a week with me. She won the contest and became one of the closest people to me. This was not apart of the plan at all. How can a chunk of my heart just get taken away from me like that? This whole situation is absurd.

I got angrier at what Jon Jon told me. He said just before she closed her eyes, she took the time out, and told them to tell me that she loves me... with her last breath... That cut so deep because I was still on her mind.