Chapter 18: Sherlyn

Start from the beginning

I was also given the okay from prop department to use my own phone. I just had to change the case (that they provided) and the background (which had to be of Devyn and me)

Bonnie led me to set and told me to wait for further instructions. I saw Devyn come in and sighed in relief. The only people who were here were production crew. She talked to her advisor and then ran over to me.

"Did they let you keep your phone and earphones for props too?" She excitedly asked me.

"Yeah! I just had to change my phone case and background!" I squealed.

"Same here!" She squealed while jumping.

"How do we look?" We hear.

Devyn turned as we saw Colin and Greyson acting so badass. They wore similar outfits. Grey wore black jeans, vans, white shirt and a black bomber jacket. Colin wore black jeans, vans, a black shirt and a denim jacket.

"Suave," Devyn complimented.

"Eh they're okay, I've seen better," I teased.

Before Greyson could answer we were put in our places for taping. The set was a classroom and I was sitting in the corner of the room while Devyn was sitting on the desk. Greyson and Colin were hanging outside the classroom where the connecting set was like a school hallway filled with lockers.

"QUIET ON SET! AND ACTION!" Our director yelled.

(I'll be using the show characters names)

"We're seniors Kaitlyn, I don't know why you don't wanna venture outside the classroom!" Layla complained. "Who knows you'll see Justin," She teased and pushed me playfully.

"Layla, I told you many times and I will say it again. I hate people," I sighed.

"I'm so happy I'm not part of that category!" She laughed.

Justin and his best friend Caleb walks in while joking around. Caleb is Layla's boyfriend if you didn't know.

"Look there he is now! Go talk to him!" Layla whispered to me.

"No thanks Layla, I'm gonna just sit here and mind my own business," I denied.

They came to the back while Justin looked at me with a smile.

"Hey Kaitlyn, I really liked your song that you released this summer. It was literally on repeat," Justin complimented me. Wait, what?

"Um thanks," I shyly replied.

"Maybe we could work on something together. If you wanna make music with me," he suggested.

"Y-yeah we should totally collaborate together," I stuttered.

"Cool!" He simply says.

The bell rang and students flooded in the classroom. Last year of high school, here we go.

"Hi, Justy!" Sapphire giggled.

"Morning Sapphire," Justin blandly responded.

"I've been thinking of ship names for us. Which sounds better? Japphire or Sustin?" She asked him.

"Look, Sapphire, you're cool but not my type. You're one of the popular girls and I'm just a guitar player. It wouldn't work out," Justin tried to explain to her.

"You'll see someday," She scoffed and went to sit on the opposite side of the classroom.

"I hate people," I muttered and put my earphones in. Before I could play anything, Layla yanked my earphones out.

"Good morning class and welcome back! I'm Mr. Smith and I'm gonna be your homeroom teacher for the whole year since your original teacher Mrs. Gilbert is on maternity leave," The teacher announced.

"DAD?!" I yelled.

"Oh hello cupcake," He says normally.

"Why me?" I groaned and put my head down on the table.

"Hey Kaitlyn, why is your dad hot and British while you're ugly and American?" Sapphire sarcastically asked.

"If American's are ugly, are you calling yourself ugly too?" I rhetorically questioned.

"Girl enough," My dad stopped us.

"Yes enough with Sapphire's bitchy attitude and mindset of she can get whatever she wants just cause her dad's rich," I muttered.

"AND CUT! Well done guys perfect first scene!" Our director said.

"Okay scene two! ACTION!"

"Alright! Class dismissed for the day," My dad announced after the bell rang. I was about to walk out with Layla until my dad stopped me.

"Layla, can I borrow Kaitlyn for 3 minutes?" My dad questioned Layla.

"Sure, I'll see you at our lockers," She told me.

Once she walked away, my dad hugged me.

"Don't bother with Sapphire okay cupcake?" He asked.

"Now that everyone knows you're British and I'm not, they'll spread the word about how I'm adopted and stuff," I complained.

"That's not a bad thing is it?" He questioned.

"I mean I just don't want to be the talk of the school. You know I love you dad even though you're not my biological dad," I sighed.

"I love you too cupcake," He simply replied. "I'll see you at home, okay? I'll be home a little after you,"

"Okay, dad. Be safe and I love you," I reminded him.

I hugged him tightly causing him to get startled.But eventually, he hugged back and kissed my forehead.

"AND CUT!" Our director yelled.