Case Six: Family Does Matter (Part 4) (Final)

The court is not moving much from the day it first opened. Song Yejin's brother's testimonial didn't help; he even begged everyone to be killed. Although from him, it was revealed that the victim got so much threats before she got killed. The first defendant's team couldn't prove much that the lady is the instigator but Lawyer Wang is such a stubborn guy. The worker from Sehun's father's company who is also the victim's next-cublicle owner said that the victim indeed got some strange flowers deliveries and calls, but she ignored them. However, she couldn't pinpoint who did it and there was never cards or even any signs of what company they came from. She couldn't also pinpoint the time of the call, but her statement had been stored before at the first court. Nobody from Oh family's household that could be asked further and all of them pretty much said that their madam never asked them to buy such burn cellphone.

But today is rather different.

Oh Daehan comes into the court, for the first time.

Sooyoung finally sees him again. He is pretty much the male version of Jang Jieun. His presence at the court is really a great story that the reporters are not stopping from taking his photo. Perhaps the headline will be 'Husband supporting Wife' or some kind like that.

"Is that--"

"Yeah," Sooyoung answers, "he is Detective Oh's father." Jongdae and Minho stare to him in awe. "So he is the father. So finally we can see the whole family of Detective Oh...."

"Not everyone. We haven't seen--"

"I am just saying it. Finally, though."

"And he looks scary as hell. Same with his wife."

"I agree with you." The trio stare and then the prosecutors come into the scene. Oh Daehan then, in the public place like that, says hi to Jongin. Jongin could only bow to keep his neutral position but it couldn't be much more needed as the reporters catch that action. Seungwan seems to be nervous afterwards and Jongin just gestures her to get to their place quickly.

Sooyoung now really is pissed of with that guy.

They all then get into their position before the judge comes in again.

"First defendant, you said that you had a new witness from us. Please deliver her into the court before I give the second defendant time to give her witness." Lawyer Wang nods and then he gets up. "I call Bang Minyoung into the court." And then a middle-aged lady gets up and goes into the centre. Jang Jieun, as Sooyoung catches, looks a bit shocked but then she can catch her act again.

So she could be someone that she doesn't expect to come.

"Please tell to the court who you are, witness."

She nods, "I am Bang Minyoung, wife of Kang Gongchan. My husband is now working for Oh Daehan; he is one of his personal economy analyst."

"Why are you using 'now' to describe your husband's work, witness?"

"My husband used to work in government field. He got the offer and then accepted it six months ago."

"Congratulations to you, witness, and to your family. The cost of having three kids and the daily expense are now taken care of." She smiles sheepishly and Sooyoung can feel this is not a final question. "And also the expense of regular social outings you do with some high-class ladies that also involves little bit of gambling in big amount of money."

And her smile is shut down immediately. Lawyer Wang is now smiling. "I will present to you the evidence. Those social gatherings that the witness attend somehow are attended too by the second defendant. These are the photos from surveilance cameras from some restaurants downtown." He raises the photos. "Doing this isn't a crime and it is not the main point. My next question is, somehow, witness, how could you get into this circle when your husband's salary per month was barely covering your daily expenses? These ladies and the second defendants are wealthy, rich, and powerful ladies. They can throw millions of won like us buying street food. But you, witness? How could you explain to us?"

WackyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara